Location Of Qs Plug On 2018 Rs

Discussion in 'Speed Triple' started by Andymarksonline, Nov 25, 2018.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Andymarksonline

Andymarksonline Well-Known Member

Aug 26, 2018
    Kent
    hi all,

Does anyone know the location of the quick shifter plug on the 2018 RS?

On my street it was under the tank but I’ve lifted that and can’t find any spare plugs.

I’ve got a guy making me one and he wants me to measure the voltages. Also I’ll need to know to actually install it lol.

Thanks in advance
    Andy.

2. Rspete

Rspete Elite Member

Jun 17, 2018
    Durham
    Hi Andy

I had the dealer fit mine so I can't help with the location.
    You've got a guy making you one?? You do know that the speed rs has to have an ecu upgrade to activate the QS, think the dealer may say no to doing so cos it's a none triumph part but hopefully not..... fingers crossed.

3. Andymarksonline

Andymarksonline Well-Known Member

Aug 26, 2018
    Kent
    The guy who’s making it runs a cosplay called shifting control. Had one of his on my street it was spot on. They don’t make one for the speed yet and has offered me one for gratis, just had to provide some information such as rod length and voltages. Just read tbe fitting guide for the genuine trumpet one it needs a new map I think which I don’t think the dealer can refuse to download. May be possible to do it via tune ecu or using the dealer tool anyway. I’ll give it a go.

Andy.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Rspete

Rspete Elite Member

Jun 17, 2018
    Durham
    Sounds great bud, was told the rod length was critical.
    I have been told tuneecu on newer model bikes if trying to download maps locks out the ecu :pensive:
    Hopefully your dealer won't say no, at the end of the day it's money isn't it, just wouldn't want you to lock it out, could be a costly bill not covered by your warranty.

5. martinm

martinm Member

Mar 24, 2018
    leicester
    seems in the fitting instructions the rod length is critical. cant understand why it is though. the quick shift only senses pressure one way or the other depending whether changing up or down. due to shortages had to make a separate trip to the dealer for the quick shift to be fitted and the dealer had put it in the position as per triumphs instructions. had to be one of my worst rides on the bike back to work as i didnt take a spanner to adjust it and the standard position is virtually unusable for me 6'3". adjusted the rod since and quick shift is still working fine.