Living With - Speed Triple Rs - Themissendenflyer

Discussion in 'Speed Triple' started by Dickie, Dec 7, 2020.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Dickie

Dickie Active Member

Jun 8, 2016
    Tadcaster, North Yorks

• Like Like x 4
    • Thanks Thanks x 3
  2. Dickie

Dickie Active Member

Jun 8, 2016
    Tadcaster, North Yorks
    "....plush Ohlin's suspension....." Mine isn't even in comfort settings.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Tigcraft

Tigcraft Unheard of Member

Mar 29, 2014
    Holmfirth West Yorkshire
    I like his reviews.....

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. Oldskool

Oldskool Elite Member

Jan 29, 2019
    Hertfordshire
    And the quick shifter didn’t work .....hmm I wonder why ?

5. J S Chappell

J S Chappell Well-Known Member

Jan 17, 2020
    Wandering
    I think TMF is more relevant to the average rider, middle to old aged with limited riding skills. He never pretends to be something he isn't , he hasn't the skill to rinse a 200bhp machine, he doesn't do track days, a bit like most of us I suspect if we were being totally honest.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 3
  6. Yorkshireman

Yorkshireman Crème de la Crème

Dec 12, 2015
    Barnsley
    So do I, I have no trouble sleeping when I’ve watched him for ten seconds. :D
    “What’s up kids, missenden flyer here, stick around and stay tuned” zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Oldskool

Oldskool Elite Member

Jan 29, 2019
    Hertfordshire
    Ironically he lives not too far from me and I end up looking at where he is riding. At the end of his videos I’ve no idea about the bike but have recognised 4 or 5 local landmarks :rolleyes: .

• Like Like x 4
  8. Tigcraft

Mar 29, 2014
    Holmfirth West Yorkshire
    I watched him ride the R1250R. That was good

• Like Like x 1
  9. Tigcraft

Mar 29, 2014
    Holmfirth West Yorkshire
    I wonder if it just a hobby for this ‘flyer chap’ ? He reviews an awful lot of bikes so how’s it all one about I wonder?

• Like Like x 1
  10. andyc1

andyc1 Lunarville 7, Airlock 3

Feb 4, 2017
    N. Ireland
    I turn off now as soon as he says Hi Kids... Used to watch him but got annoyed with him very quickly. I dont want to knock him too much as some of these reviews are useful and appreciate that people out there are doing them. Seen him try to launch a superduke and the twat didnt bring the bike to a standstill before trying it then wondered why it wasnt working :rolleyes:

• Like Like x 2
  11. Yorkshireman

Yorkshireman Crème de la Crème

Dec 12, 2015
    Barnsley
    And I’m thinking his subscribers help out as well.
    To be fair there are a lot worse out there and since he’s introduced Mrs Flyer to assess pillion comfort it’s a bit more watchable ;)

• Like Like x 3
  12. andyc1

andyc1 Lunarville 7, Airlock 3

Feb 4, 2017
    N. Ireland
    Hooligan? Me? nope :eek::p
    IMG_4954.jpg

• Funny Funny x 2
  13. Rtasker

Rtasker Member

Feb 18, 2018
    South West
    I think that in a review called 'living with the speed Triple RS', more could be said about the suspension than just that it's plush. It's certainly high quality, but the compression damping is also really really hard, and in the end, was the reason why I couldn't live with mine. Why have 30 odd clicks of adjustment, starting at far too much, and increasing from there.

On the other hand, he gives the electronics a negative because it has no independently adjustable wheelie control. But it does control wheelies, and the level of wheel lift is pretty well paired with the level of traction control exercised in each riding mode. And the traction contrrol could be completely trusted, which I wouldn't quite say of my current Tuono.

He's right about the quality of finish though, which is much better than the Tuono.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Linx

Linx Well-Known Member

Mar 14, 2020
    Stratford Upon Avon, UK
    I expect he didn't enable it. He didn't seem to realise you can change the display either.

15. chuk

chuk Senior Member
    Subscriber

Jan 10, 2017
    neilston glasgow

• Agree Agree x 3
  16. chuk

chuk Senior Member
    Subscriber

Jan 10, 2017
    neilston glasgow
    The budget bike battle series is the best imho,can’t go all the top end sports bike stuff that most can’t afford,so only watch the more down to earth average stuff

• Like Like x 2
  17. topbanana0

topbanana0 Well-Known Member

Mar 27, 2016
    South Wales
    I've got a little YouTube channel, nowhere near the size of his. My channel has only resently become 'monetised', but going on his numbers. I would think he's making at least £30,000 from channel advertising alone. Probably a lot more, not bad for a hobby.
    Personally I was a subscriber, but found he deletes post he doesn't like (nothing abusive or nasty)
    Also he does a lot of tours now, I'm not interested in watch someone else ride there bike, I'll just ride my own ;)

• Like Like x 1