Lights Flickering.

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Eternal Noob, May 26, 2020.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Eternal Noob

Eternal Noob Member

Dec 12, 2014
    Oxfordshire, England
    Greetings all. I have not been on for a long time after being hospitalised two years or so ago. In that time my poor Sprint ST1050 has been totally neglected, left outside with no cover and pushed over by over exhuberant grandkids. A couple of months ago me son and I started getting it back on the road again. We changed all fluids, plugs, filters etc and got it back on the road. I have found a few issues though, the fuel gauge shows conflicting info to actual amount of fuel. There was a grating sound that I could not identify and now my lights keep flickering and the battery lost power (new battery). Would both of these issues be related? Could it be the stator? Thanks in advance.

2. Eternal Noob

Eternal Noob Member

Dec 12, 2014
    Oxfordshire, England
    Thanks for the reply Smilinjack, I traced the wiring back to the battery and found a split in the wire. It looks like it has been hacked at not worn through it was holding together by a little bit of the sleeve. I have fixed it and everything seems ok now. Even the fuel gauge has sorted itself out. The grating sound was from the left hand side but I cannot be more specific. I was hearing it as I was coming to a stop (without applying brakes). At first I thought the brakes were rubbing as though the caliper had seized but they were ok. The ABS sensor was OK and not rubbing. I have a long way to go to get it back to decent condition but one thing at a time. Thanks again.

• Like Like x 4
  3. Eternal Noob

Eternal Noob Member

Dec 12, 2014
    Oxfordshire, England
    Hi Smilinjack, I wrote a detailed reply to your comment but I have no idea what happened to it. I found a dodgy wire most issues now fixed. Thank you for feedback.

• Like Like x 2