Light At The End Of The Tunnel.....

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by littleade, Mar 19, 2021.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Zoso

Zoso Member

Jul 18, 2017
    Scotland
    I had exactly the same problem with a hernia (2nd time). GP refereed me in Dec 2019 and was given an appointment with a consultant for March 2020. that got cancelled due to Covid. Meanwhile the hernia was causing me more and more pain (same issues as yourself). Spoke to my GP again in October 2020 and asked him to refer mr to a private hospital. Three weeks later and £2750 worse off I got the hernia repaired. Really pissed me off having to pay after 30 odd years of NI contributions but if I hadn't I'd still be waiting.
    Take care mate.

• Like Like x 2
  2. andypandy

andypandy Elite Member

Jan 10, 2016
    Shaw
    Well I'm glad you're sorted. I got to see a surgeon last week, he couldn't detect any sign of a hernia :eek::eek:, neither could he find a copy of my scan which shows him a picture of it. So it's more delay while I now wait to have a CT scan. He's not stupid, he did manage to see the scar from my previous repair.:D:D.

3. Zoso

Zoso Member

Jul 18, 2017
    Scotland
    Been down that road as well mate :joy: The surgeon who recently did mine said it's a lot trickier to diagnose a recurring hernia due to scar tissue from the first operation. My CT scan came back negative - no hernia found :eyes: Well what's that lump in my groin then ? Do you think I might be pregnant :grinning: I was always told hernias were very straightforward procedures.....really ??:confused:

• Like Like x 1
  4. Pegscraper

Pegscraper First Class Member
    Subscriber

Jun 12, 2020
    Yorkshire
    #164 Pegscraper, Jul 22, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 22, 2021
    Well, talking of hernia's, I was diagnosed in April after a Xray, an ultrasound and a CT scan which showed nothing and a Covid delayed Gastroscopy (truly horrible) finally showing I having a very small (!) Hiatus Hernia after 2 years of suffering intermittent acid reflux and upper abdominal pain. No where near bad enough for the knife apparently, just something to "live with" and meds alleviate symptoms when it flares up but lifting heavy weights doesn't aggravate it although the physician performing the gastroscopy said that can be a cause along with numerous other factors. Hmmmm.....I have a basic gym setup in the garage and have used free weights for years but can't recall any particularly bad lift or strain. Oh well, just part of getting older I guess!

• Like Like x 2
  5. roadrider

roadrider First Class Member
    Subscriber

Jul 26, 2013
    Oxon
    Mmm ! I think we'll take the A442 just to make sure as we're hoping to go over the Long Mynd

6. littleade

littleade The only sane one here
    Subscriber

Mar 17, 2015
    kidderminster Worcestershire
    Sounds like a plan. Depending on how much time you have you could go into Bridgenorth and pick up the B4363 that would take yiu through Kinlet and on to Cleobury Mortimer and over Clee Hill. At the other end of the scale you coukd go up the A458 and at Much Wenlock take the B4371 which would bring you out at Church Stretton. All of the B roads between the A 458 and A49 are quite twisty and technical in places though you need to be careful through the villiages as most are 30 limits with camera vans turning up from time to time;)

• Thanks Thanks x 1