Lid Feedback.

Discussion in 'Triumph General Discussion' started by Dave C, Sep 2, 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Dave C

Dave C Elite Member

Dec 22, 2017
    North Dorset
    Evening all,

I'm considering changing my lid and wanted a little feedback on "quiet lids." there can be a lot of wind rush noise on naked's obviously so wondered if anyone could recommend one that cuts that out, I've read the HJC RPHA 11 is good, anyone use one?? Many thanks in advance for replies.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Nipper

Nipper Well-Known Member

Jul 29, 2016
    Norwich
    Hi Dave
    I've got a Shoei GT air and have noticed more wind noise on my S Scrambler than my Speed Triple as I'm more upright. It's the old model not the new GT 2. It is really com

3. Dave C

Dave C Elite Member

Dec 22, 2017
    North Dorset
    Looks like you were cut short Nipper but thanks for replying, I have a Speed Triple and the noise is very noticeable above 60ish.

4. SleepyOwl

SleepyOwl Crème de la Crème

Jul 26, 2019
    Cornwall
    Have just bought a HJC RPHA 70.
    First impressions are

Very light
    Great vents
    Build quality excellent
    Quiet enough but I suppose its all subjective

H1-HJC-RPHA70-Coptic-SchwarzGrauRot-216835_410_19.jpg

5. freck

freck Elite Member

May 4, 2017
    Preston, Lancs, UK
    I’ve never found any helmet quiet enough to not wear earplugs when riding whether on a naked or faired bike.
    I’ve had lots of biking mates who don’t wear plugs and they’re all mutton! :p

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Dave C

Dave C Elite Member

Dec 22, 2017
    North Dorset
    Thanks SleepyOwl, nice looking lid that, I'm guessing that model has superseded the RPHA 11, as you say though, what works for one person may not work for another, just wanting to get a few ideas.

7. Dave C

Dave C Elite Member

Dec 22, 2017
    North Dorset
    Sorry, what did you say :rolleyes:, sorry Freck, couldn't resist, I have to admit that I rarely wear earplugs as I hate not hearing what the bike is doing, hence the wish for a lid with reduced "wind rush", thanks for your reply though.

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. freck

freck Elite Member

May 4, 2017
    Preston, Lancs, UK
    That’s part of the reason why I wear plugs, so I can’t hear the rattles from my bike. :joy:

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Sprinter

Sprinter Kinigit

Aug 17, 2014
    uk
    Schuberth are the quietest.Seemingly.

• Like Like x 1
  10. stevethegoolie

stevethegoolie Elite Member

Oct 16, 2014
    East Riding of Yorkshire
    I have an HJC RPHA ST which is probably the noisiest helmet in the world - ever!:scream: Removing the flyscreen from my bike improved things enormously and therefore relieved my helmet of its world title.:( It was, of course, inconsolable!:sob:

• Like Like x 2
  11. Dave C

Dave C Elite Member

Dec 22, 2017
    North Dorset
    That's an interesting take on things, sorry you'd suffered with you lid until then, thanks for the reply.

• Like Like x 1
  12. stevethegoolie

stevethegoolie Elite Member

Oct 16, 2014
    East Riding of Yorkshire
    It actually surprised me how much the simple act of removing the screen made. We live and learn!!!:)

13. Dave C

Dave C Elite Member

Dec 22, 2017
    North Dorset
    That's an interesting take on things, sorry you'd suffered with your lid until then, thanks for the reply.m
    Might be worth trying, cheers Steve.

14. Bonnie1980

Bonnie1980 Bonneville T120 Black

Aug 6, 2019
    South East England
    I have a Shoei GT Air 2 and find it reasonably quiet. Never used earbuds and can listen to radio/songs via the comms system quite clearly if and when I use it. To be honest, I have never had a ride where noise around me was noticeable until.....I fit the Dart Marlin. Like @stevethegoolie, the surrounding noise got back to normal once I removed the flyscreen.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Dave C

Dave C Elite Member

Dec 22, 2017
    North Dorset
    Thanks for that Bonnie 1980, all takes on my query much appreciated.