Touring Lejog

Discussion in 'Rideouts, Trackdays, Touring & Spotted' started by milligan, Oct 26, 2017.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. milligan

milligan Member

May 24, 2017
    n.e. lincs
    Hi all,
    A friend and I are going to try and do Lands end to John o Groats next year. Busy trying to sort route and accomodation . Has anyone on here done it ? any pointers of what and what not to do.
    We in no hurry friend has dodgy hip so wont be long days, will take a while!!
    Starting from Lincolnshire up the east coast to j o g then down and across to west coast to l e?
    Any advise greatly appreciated

2. Dougie D

Dougie D Crème de la Crème

Jan 30, 2016
    Blairgowrie Perthshire
    Hi milligan, once in Scotland i would recommend going up the west coast and down the east coast, i can send you some great routes if you like.How long are you planning on taking and roughly how many miles a day are you thinking also would you be wanting to do a bit of single track as the coastal roads around Applecross and lochinver especially is really spectacular

3. milligan

milligan Member

May 24, 2017
    n.e. lincs
    hi Dougie, any reason for doin west coast first? the east coast would be better for me less miles, 1822mls according to google maps ? thought 14 days max with site seeing , miles per day ???? minimum 150 , am governed by friend with his dodgy hip , plus everyone knows how comfy a bonneville seat is!
    single track fine, did that when touring on royal enfield a few years back, some interesting places to visit.
    some routes would be appreciated thanks

4. Dougie D

Jan 30, 2016
    Blairgowrie Perthshire
    #4 Dougie D, Oct 26, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2017
    The views are better on the west if you are travelling north imo, but it's not bad south either.Where is your final destination from J O G? i could give you a route starting from the bottom of loch lomond going up the west coast then along to J O G and down the east coast to Inverness and down through the cairngorms past Braemar then to Crieff and back roads to the Queensferry bridge just north of Edinburgh which would be just over 800 miles (about 1400 miles from lands end if you are taking the motorways in England?) but could make it shorter or longer.
    Are you planning on camping,B&B or hotels?

5. milligan

milligan Member

May 24, 2017
    n.e. lincs
    hi , proposed route from N.E.Lincolnshire up east coast , Queensferry , inverness , J O G , then to L E , no motorways
    then back home . Early stages yet, trying to go shortest route from A to B . Will be doing B&Bs hotels or even travelodge . hopefully will be able to increase daily mileage friends steed unknown as yet , but we both plodders so will get there when we get there.

6. Dougie D

Jan 30, 2016
    Blairgowrie Perthshire
    i've sent you a PM (top left of screen beside the envelope)