Legal Eagle III - Filtering, the Law and You

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Hedgehog, Jan 24, 2014.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Hedgehog

Hedgehog Active Member

Jan 15, 2014
    Quite an interesting piece this time from our Legal Expert and ex-police motorcyclist Tony Carter..:upyeah:.

Lane Splitting is illegal in much of the US, but fine in GB - that is IF you follow some basic rules....:cool:

Filtering, the Law and You - Big Bike Mad

Comments on this controversial topic welcome...:eek:

• Like Like x 1
  2. chefon2wheels

chefon2wheels Member

Dec 14, 2013
    San Fulgencio, Spain
    Very interesting :upyeah: I would recomend any advanced training as it helps with your vision and anticipation of possible hazzards. In Spain you are encouraged to filter, but don't under take. It's illegal! I have a 150€ fine to prove it. Oops :biggrin:

3. Hedgehog

Hedgehog Active Member

Jan 15, 2014
    Yeah, mostly the article is common sense, but its the way behavior is directly linked to financial outcome that I found interesting. Advanced training does indeed help - I can recommend IAM.

HH

4. SteveJ

SteveJ Super Moderator

Aug 12, 2013
    North Hampshire
    There is only 2 rules that you need to go by when filtering

1) Use your common sense.

2) Remember that your average UK motorist has no common sense or spacial awareness whatsoever, so there is a very large chance that they are about to do something stupid.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Hedgehog

Hedgehog Active Member

Jan 15, 2014
    At least filtering is legal here - without it making progress would be hard and much of the point of having a bike would be lost IMHO....