Thruxton Led Indicators

Discussion in 'Thruxton, Scrambler & Trident' started by pippawilky, Aug 11, 2018.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. pippawilky

pippawilky Member

Jun 27, 2013
    I wonder if someone could help I have a 2011 thruxton have bought some led indecators and a led flasher unit had a go fitting them today old ones worked fine fitted new led and they just stay on when switch on ie do not flash just light up the new led flasher unit just makes a buzzing noise fitted old ones back on and original flasher unit and they work perfectly reffitted Led's same problem dose anybody think it could be the new led flasher unit is duff I got it from eBay or do I need some sort of diode in line have read lots on fitting led's and am more confused than I was before I started

2. crispey

crispey crispey creme de la creme

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    Sorry can’t really help you but have you tried fitting without the new relay and using the old one? I know it won’t fix it but maybe they’ll flash out of sync so you know they flash, then think about getting a new relay, sure someone who knows about the dark arts will be along shortly

3. pippawilky

pippawilky Member

Jun 27, 2013
    Yeah have use the old flasher unit with new led's
    They don't work at all thanks anyway

4. dilligaf

dilligaf Guest

Think you’re gonna need adjustable flasher relay:confused:
    Have a look around on YouTube :)
    Same thing happened on my last bike but the relays are cheap enough :p

5. Dazzzzz

Dazzzzz New Member

Apr 2, 2018
    Australia
    1. Have you tried with the bike running ?
    2. LEDs are polarity driven, + or - wires may need to be swapped around, check with a multimeter.

6. Jeffrey Conlon

Apr 4, 2018
    Wakefield
    I think with LED indicators drawing minimal current, you should fit them with a load resistance to draw current to make the relay operate, would have thought they come with the indicators. LEDs Are polarity sensitive ie red to pos.

7. Furrygreg

Furrygreg New Member

Aug 28, 2018
    Walcott, Iowa
    I recently posted about how I changed my 2017 Thruxton incandescent turn signal light bulbs to LED. It was cheap and very easy.

8. Glyn Phillips

Glyn Phillips Old’N’Slow

Jun 21, 2018
    Essex
    On the later 1200 versions LED’s are built into the software, on the previous versions you have to add resistance to get the correct flash rate

9. Jeffrey Conlon

Apr 4, 2018
    Wakefield
    I think you are exactly right about the need for more current to be drawn, usually come with encapsulated resistors within