Led Headlight bulb

Discussion in 'Bonneville' started by Bonnie lad, Dec 11, 2016.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Bonnie lad

Bonnie lad New Member

Jul 24, 2016
    Milton Keynes
    Hi Gang, first post so bare with me, want to prolong the life of my battery on my T100 and seeing my headlight lighting up the garage door like 'Close encounters of the third kind' when I start up seems daft, I have seen a module that holds off main beam/ running light till you flick high/low beam switch (£30), ideal, OR maybe better option would be to replace H4 bulb with LED kit drawing 3amp max.(Fleabay £25) anyone done this replacement?
    Cheers Gareth

2. thebiglad

thebiglad Old fart, still riding !

Sep 25, 2013
    Central France
    I had an LED H4 bulb on a previous bike and tbh it was cheap but rubbish - I think the problem was multiple LED's on one bulb so the beam focus just didn't :eek::eek:

3. ralphy

ralphy Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2016
    Middle East/Devon
    #3 ralphy, Dec 11, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2016
    Edited:

As I understand it, some led's need a different-shaped reflector behind them in order to be effective.

R

4. thebiglad

thebiglad Old fart, still riding !

Sep 25, 2013
    Central France
    I know that's true of HID bulb systems.

5. ralphy

ralphy Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2016
    Middle East/Devon
    EDIT: I checked with my 'nerd' and he said it's only some LED's - and that was the earlier ones - apologies.

R

6. Bonnie lad

Bonnie lad New Member

Jul 24, 2016
    Milton Keynes
    Thanks guys for the input will wait till after the festivities have finished to make a decision, I have seen replacement LED lamps for cars so i would not expect you would have to change the reflector in that instance.

Merry Crimbo G.

7. John T

John T Senior Member

Jun 4, 2015
    Newcastle upon Tyne
    Bonnie lad, your nickname is a term of endearment up here in Geordie land eg 'are ya alreet Bonnie Lad' which loosely translates to 'And how are you my dear chap'

So that must make me a Bonnie Bonnie lad !!