Led Fog Light Wiring Questions

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by B Steazie, Jan 5, 2022.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. B Steazie

B Steazie New Member

Jun 6, 2021
    Texas
    Greetings,

I'm excited to be part of the Triumph family. I've owned my 2022 Street Scrambler for almost a year now and loving every bit of it.

I'm in the process of installing the Rizoma LED Fog lights and have a few questions. I'm somewhat familiar with minor electrical work (mostly car stuff) but am a little stumped on this install. Everything is pretty straight forward, but looking for any advice or experience with connections anyone has made.

The switch wire in the instructions says to tap into the ignition positive wire, but I'm wondering if there is an easier connection point. Something that is powered on with the ignition, under the seat perhaps? Also, would adding inline fuses be necessary? If so, which size fuses would be recommended? And last question (I think), any suggestion on terminals or connectors for wires to battery or for the splice, wherever it's suggested to be made.

Thanks in advance, and happy riding!

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Pegscraper

Pegscraper Elite Member

Jun 12, 2020
    Yorkshire
    I fitted a pair of 20w LED spot lights to my SS and just connected to the headlight bulb feed in the headlight housing via a switch on the bars. Fog lights must be wired into the dip beam circuit for legality, at least on this side of the pond they do.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. capt

capt Elite Member

May 8, 2016
    western Australia
    In Australia. , Fog lights must be independently wired , and , not allowed to be used with headlights 'ON' hi or lo . As headlights are Too bright in fog because the beams are 'focused' then splatter in the "fog" , fog lights are unfocused. They are much dimmer when viewed from any angle.

• Like Like x 1
  4. B Steazie

B Steazie New Member

Jun 6, 2021
    Texas

Slight edit/update here:

So, I think I have everything figured out. Have the terminals connected to the battery correctly using an inline fuse for the positive. Only thing I have left is the Yellow Wire from my kit (that was instructed to be connected to the positive wire from under my ignition.) I picked up an add a circuit fuse block, thinking I can piggy back off of the fuse connector for either the brake lights or ignition fuse? Any suggestions on which fuse to piggy back from? Or if I should consider using a posi-tab connection to a wire under my seat? If the latter, anyone suggest which wire I should posi-tap for my switch wire?

Thanks again!

5. Ducatitotriumph

Ducatitotriumph Crème de la Crème

Apr 25, 2019
    Rothwell
    This was on a busa and it was never an issue but I used the brakelight switch as a feed as it's on with the ignition and easily accessible on most bikes.
    Also, if something happened, you (I) still have/had lights!

• Like Like x 1