Leaky Carbs

Discussion in 'America, Speedmaster & Rocket' started by BA_martin, Sep 28, 2020.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. BA_martin

BA_martin Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2019
    Chestfield, Kent
    My bike sat unused for about 18months (we relocated from US back to UK, and I left my bike in storage over there). After a fight to get it registered in the UK which included temporarily fitting a set of standard exhaust, I was not concerned it was running rough, as it is jetted for the freak kit and Bubs.

So I re-fitted the exhausts and realized it was not only running rough, it was leaking fuel through the KN filters. OK, so the floats are sticking I thought, stripped the carbs. Not only are they spotless but also floats are working perfectly. I did notice the cables weren't adjusted properly so the it would have been slightly 'on throttle' (last thing I had done in the US was replace some ape hangers, so he would have had the controls off the bike).

I can't think that would have caused the leaking issue, but am I missing something?