Last film you watched.....

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by OnlySon, Sep 12, 2016.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. thebiglad

thebiglad Old fart, still riding !

Sep 25, 2013
    Central France
    "Bridge of Spies" - with Tom Hanks in the lead role. Really good story and the good guy wins !!

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. Dave C

Dave C Elite Member

Dec 22, 2017
    North Dorset
    Magnificent seven on DVD, the recent one with Denzel Washington, Chris Pratt etc, good modern western!!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  3. steve lovatt

steve lovatt Something else

May 12, 2014
    North Yorkshire
    How much like Brian May did the actor look?
    In an interview, May said his children thought it was him :cool:

• Agree Agree x 4
  4. steve lovatt

steve lovatt Something else

May 12, 2014
    North Yorkshire
    How good was Mark Rylance in this? - superb :cool:

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. MrOrange

MrOrange Guest

If it was a square go - he kicked Hank's ass :laughing:

• Like Like x 1
  6. Judd Dredd

Judd Dredd Giver of Drugs, Vaccines and Hard Truths

Jan 13, 2019
    here and there
    Seen this 3 times with my boy and the boss. Live aid scene was awesome.....

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Vulpes

Vulpes Confused Member

Mar 14, 2018
    Netherlands
    The railway man. Both moving and disturbing.
    images.jpeg

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. David Cooper

David Cooper Triumph Rocketeer.
    Subscriber

I watched it today and being a big Queen fan I loved it, In my opinion, Queen is one of the worlds greatest rock bands, and in real life,Bob Geldof is the worlds biggest wanker.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. Adie P

Adie P Crème de la Crème

Jul 7, 2018
    MID DEVON
    Not a fim but, as others have posted up reviews of series productions, I thought I'd give a heads up to anyone with Amazon Prime (or Sky?) about "TIN STAR".

A 10 part series set in Alberta, Canada - some of the scenery is just spectacular and often looks too spectacular and reminiscent of early movie backdrops! It stars Tim ROTH who is absolutely brilliant as a former British cop now employed as a Chief of Police in a small backwater town that's about to be hit by the boomtime of a large oil refinery on its doorstep.

I won't give anything of the plot away but will say that it's quirky, shocking (sometimes brutally so) candid and uncompromising. ROTH plays his part so well that it's difficult not to admire the very unadmirable character he plays. There are quirky elements to the series - one of the characters playing a cop looks and acts a bit too much like Jim Carrey; there's an over-stereotypical biker gang; the plot line seems to shoot off at tangents, but re-connects later, and there's some gaping continuity errors but overall it's a very good watch.

There's also a surprising amount of nudity in it - regrettably that doesn't extend to one of the co-stars, Christina HENDRICKS who's delightful form remains resolutely covered. Mostly.

I gether there's a series 2 but I believe it's only on Sky Atlantic. :(

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. andypandy

andypandy Crème de la Crème

Jan 10, 2016
    Shaw
    If you download and install "Bitlord" you can get series 2 off there. Not that I would ever do that.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Dave C

Dave C Elite Member

Dec 22, 2017
    North Dorset
    Watched "Alita, Battle angel" last night, reviews said amazing graphically but poor storyline and I think I'd agree with that :neutral:

12. David Cooper

David Cooper Triumph Rocketeer.
    Subscriber

Neither would I. even with a VPN (Virtual Private Network) that stops anyone tracking your internet address, and makes it impossible to prove you downloaded anything illegally.

13. Glyn Phillips

Glyn Phillips Old’N’Slow

Jun 21, 2018
    Essex
    I’m watching rings live now.

As the Nan from Catherine Tate would say “What a f#@+*n Liberty”

14. Ken walburn

Ken walburn Noble Member

Jun 28, 2017
    Essex
    Watched it on the plane to Barbados last week, had a tear in my eye, brilliant

• Agree Agree x 3
  15. DCS222

DCS222 Guest

LA92

A film documentary on the civil unrest in LA in 1992.
    It starts with an excerpt from a 1965 documentary and draws similarities to the start of the 1992 unrest with the Rodney King episode...

It’s a truly sobering reminder of how little it takes to turn an edgy, but controlled society into a murderous mob. I remember at the time being appalled at how people could act in a civilised western city. But watching it back and seeing some more of what happened... it just shows that the scariest animal on this planet is ourselves... from the actions of the police, through the injustice of the courts, to the out and out carnage of a mob that has lost control of any pretence of humanity. The saving grace was the few people who helped the injured or stood up to the animals.

A fascinating collage of brutality... left me feeling a bit hollow...

16. Vecchio lupo

Vecchio lupo Senior Member

Oct 28, 2018
    Stuttgart

Scientist say that there are only two animals on the planet that kill for sport...Domestic Cats and Humans.

• Like Like x 2
  17. Vecchio lupo

Vecchio lupo Senior Member

Oct 28, 2018
    Stuttgart
    Last movie; Bridge at Remagen with George Segal, Robert Vaughn, and Ben Gazzara

• Like Like x 1
  18. Adie P

Adie P Crème de la Crème

Jul 7, 2018
    MID DEVON
    Another one recently released on Amazon Prime -"THE ACCOUNTANT".

Ben Affleck stars as a high functioning autistic who is quietly laundering money from a range of illicit sources while living a double life as a small time accountant. The plot is simplistic, often to the point of untenable, and the over-use of flashbacks and timeline shifts just adds complication, but the mix is kept stirred with action so if you're into a bit of overtly 'boy's own' guns, guts and glory stuff there's plenty to keep you attentive.

Not nearly as much as we can expect in May with the release of JOHN WICK 3 - PARABELLUM, though .............. ;)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. andypandy

Jan 10, 2016
    Shaw
    Watching the 2018 TV series Das Boot.
    Very good so far. Flits between a U-Boat at sea and goings on between the Gestapo, the French Resistance and a nice lady from Alsace,

• Like Like x 1
  20. andypandy

Jan 10, 2016
    Shaw
    As I understand it, it follows on. It starts in 1942 whereas the film finished in Dec 1941.

• Thanks Thanks x 1