Lap Of The Baltic

Discussion in 'Rideouts, Trackdays, Touring & Spotted' started by Scoop!, Nov 19, 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Scoop!

Scoop! New Member

Apr 8, 2019
    Norfolk
    Greetings from the outer reaches of the Empire – north Norfolk! I’m currently planning my 2020 mission, an anticlockwise Lap of the Baltic, an 18 day jaunt through rain soaked Europe and midge ridden Scandinavia! Has in modern times anyone visited Kaliningrad by road, I either have to ride around it or pay my respects with a visit and it seems rude to ignore them. I understand the Visa requirements but would like to know about purchasing vehicle insurance in Poland and what the roads and traffic conditions are like. Thanks

• Like Like x 1
  2. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    Hi and welcome... I find the best way to go around the Baltics is on a cruise ship, but I'm sure on two wheels will be loads of fun as well..

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. Don the Don

Don the Don Bigger Than The Average Bear

Nov 5, 2019
    MORAY UK
    Welcome good luck with the trip

4. neilb

neilb Active Member

Oct 8, 2019
    Billericay, Essex
    I did four weeks through Germany, Poland and the Baltic states back in June/July and it was the best road trip I’ve done. While the rest rest of Europe was sweltering in 40C, the Baltics offered a very pleasant 20-25C most of the time. A few rainy and cold days - three I think. I got a pic of the Kaliningrad border crossing but kept my distance, just in case. The worst of the roads I came across were in Latvia - one long stretch of A road had been dug up for resurfacing and you were left with loose stone or dirt to ride over. There were no detours as the roads leading off were dirt tracks to small villages. But, apart from that, the roads were pretty good most of the way up to Tallin.

Just ask if you need to know anything.

6EAE7161-83DF-47C6-80EB-B1FB37A18ACE.jpeg

• Like Like x 7