Land Grab

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by DCS900, Feb 22, 2022.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. DCS900

DCS900 Careful, man! There’s a beverage here!

Sep 11, 2021
    LA
    Russia, after a theatrical display of recognising a couple of breakaway regions in the Ukraine yesterday, are now moving in. Very little mention on the forum about it; just wondering on opinions... next world war, fear for your children? Or another regional scuffle that will have sabres rattling, sanctions imposed, but essentially contained within the Ukraine?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Yorkshireman

Yorkshireman Crème de la Crème

Dec 12, 2015
    Barnsley
    What is it with Putin? He’s suffering from “little man” syndrome, surely.

• Agree Agree x 9
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Oldskool

Oldskool Elite Member

Jan 29, 2019
    Hertfordshire
    Feckin scary. I’ve just bought MotoGP tickets for Assen in June . I hope to get there and back before he invades Holland. ….
    On a more serious note, this is pretty serious shit. Probably as big as we’ve seen in our lifetime……

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Adie P

Adie P Crème de la Crème

Jul 7, 2018
    MID DEVON
    Yes, very serious shit! Putin is an existential threat to peace and is fairly transparent in his posturing and political manouevering.

If there really is such a thing as a "world order" it ought to be brought fully into action immediately to hurt Russia in every possible, peaceful way - primarily through economic measures. Start seizing the known assests - physical and financial - of every Russian citizen in this country and Europe; consider travel bans to Russian citizens in Europe and cease all co-operation with Russian business and industry.

Much of that might come back to bite us on the bum - Russia and its Federation has enormous capabilities in every sphere and is, clearly, unafraid to use them when it suits, but I do believe that, if its actions do remain unchallenged, then they will remain unstoppable.

The situation is made ever more serious with all the recent 'best buddies' posturing between Russia and China - a Putin/Jinping axis is a very scary prospect.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Vulpes

Vulpes Confused Member

Mar 14, 2018
    Netherlands
    Very serious and scary indeed, as neither government gives a toss about human life. Be it theirs or ours.

Mao ze Dong, back in the day, about the threat of getting nuked; "We can easily miss twenty million people".

• Agree Agree x 3
  6. DCS900

Sep 11, 2021
    LA
    VP has been a player at the highest level for 21 years… over-seeing the Russian response/actions to many global and state events. He doesn’t portray the air of anything other than cold, calculating, intelligent and fearless. It’s gonna be quite a trial for our leaders. I suspect there will be many cyber-attacks and reprisals for any sanctions, on top of any actual physical conflict.

• Agree Agree x 5
  7. sprintdave

sprintdave Nurse,he's out of bed again

May 25, 2014
    Birmingham
    Assassinate the bastard. Job done.

• Agree Agree x 4
  8. Octoberon

Octoberon Crème de la Crème

Jul 2, 2020
    Peak District, Yorkshire
    Assassination didn't turn out too well in 1914.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  9. DCS900

Sep 11, 2021
    LA
    Putin doesn’t seem adverse to the idea though… Boris Nemtsov 2015

• Agree Agree x 3
  10. Octoberon

Octoberon Crème de la Crème

Jul 2, 2020
    Peak District, Yorkshire
    He's probably quite adverse to being the target. :) I don't suppose Russia's allies would be best pleased, either. That could all end very badly...

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Hubaxe

Hubaxe Good moaning! aka Mr Wordsalad :)

Mar 25, 2020
    Aix Les bains - French Alps
    Time to call 007

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Dawsy

Dawsy Cumbrian half-wit
    Subscriber

Aug 24, 2018
    Cumbria
    upload_2022-2-22_12-6-35.png

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Vulpes

Vulpes Confused Member

Mar 14, 2018
    Netherlands
    raf,750x1000,075,t,FFFFFF_97ab1c12de.jpg

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 3
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  14. Bikerman

Bikerman I used to have 5500 posts.

Oct 29, 2014
    Lincolnshire
    Well not good news indeed, but it shouldn't be a surprise to anyone that this HItler Mk2 is doing exactly what Hitler Mk1 did before WW2 started.
    For years now he's been building up his armed forces, and our response has been to decimate the Royal Navy, the Royal Air Force and the British Army to very dangerous levels, and the only reason that ,as far as I can see, is that for years now all of Europe, with a few exceptions have lived under the protective umbrella of the American Forces without contributing to their own defence. It can't be right to expect the American taxpayer to fund Europe's security, while you have lots of countries that don't even get close to the 2% GDP that was agreed by all NATO countries. But not to worry, the EU wants to form an EU Army, Really, who's going to fund that then. They don't even fund NATO so where's the money coming from for that idea then ?.
    Oh look there's a pie in the sky.
    Unfortunately Ukraine is on its own, and Putin knows it.
    I'd like to see all the Ban the bomb lot march on Moscow, but no they'll just call on our government to get rid of our Nucular deterant, as that will prove that we have no I'll intentions towards Mother Russia. Then Russia will get rid of theirs, of course they will. Ukraine did have Nuclear weapons, but they gave them up. The best deterrent against any agresor mutually assured destruction.
    I've asked a question in discussion with these people before. And the question is this.
    " Would Japan have attacked Pearl Harbour if they knew what was going to hit them in Nagasaki and Hiroshima ? They never came back with an answer.

• Like Like x 7
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Useful Useful x 1
  15. Erling

Erling Elite Member

Dec 12, 2017
    Norway
    I certainly hope that the UK rolls back the golden visa scheme and starts seizing properties around Eaton Square/Belgravia. Do something that hurts.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  16. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    #16 Wessa, Feb 22, 2022
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2022
    Yes very worrying times. Been listening to the debate in the commons and it is good to see the cross party support for the sanctions Boris has announced. But it is important that the pressure is maintained and if need be military support given to stop this mad b@stard.

• Agree Agree x 3
  17. Vulpes

Vulpes Confused Member

Mar 14, 2018
    Netherlands
    • Agree Agree x 3
  18. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. beerkat

beerkat Senior Member

Aug 14, 2019
    Cheshire UK
    It's a shame we don't have any Russian or Ukrainian members on this forum. I'm always interested to hear what the ordinary people think and what sort of angle they're being given by their governments.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  20. PatW

PatW Senior Member

Apr 4, 2021
    Cymru
    Adolphs playbook exactly! Apparently his popularity is waining back home and a bit of land grab is a welcome distraction, as usual the UN /NATO are about as much use as a wet fucking blanket in a forest fire, I'm not one for advocating violence but we should park a fuck load of NATO ordinance around Ukraine and say "go on, I fucking dare you"

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1