Lady Triple Rider With Dog In Tank-bag ‍♂️

Discussion in 'Speed Triple' started by Gled, Feb 11, 2020.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Gled

Gled Active Member

Jul 25, 2017
    Manchester (UK)
    #1 Gled, Feb 11, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2020
    • Like Like x 4
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    • Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. SteveRS

SteveRS First Class Member

Jan 12, 2019
    British Columbia
    I have two dogs and that’s the last place I would want to put them, as I would be concerned for their safety. Having said that, the dog may really enjoy it though. Love the dog helmet :joy:.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  4. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    I agree, I would not consider putting any dog of mine on a bike. But like you the dog helmet did make me smile...

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  5. 2wheelsforfun

2wheelsforfun Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2020
    Osoyoos, BC Canada
    We ride motorcycles, it's risky. But we weigh the risks and enjoy the rewards. And you are right, the dogs love it. Dogs noses are their most developed sense, why do you think they follow them every where, when they're riding they just lift their noses to the wind and enjoy all the new smells.

Ruby started on a "Buddy Rider"
    [​IMG]
    She loves the Buddy Rider and when cruising down hills, she'll tuck into a crouch to go faster. :)

She rode in this a few times
    [​IMG]

Then she saved up her allowance and bought a Ural
    [​IMG]

Good thing, as we soon had our second dog, Ivy. Ivy didn't travel very well in the car/truck, even threw up a few times but absolutely loved the Ural.

[​IMG]

Tell me these aren't happy dogs!

https://photos.smugmug.com/Motorcycles/Ural/i-22xwBP7/0/c4ce96e3/1280/Ruby-Ivy-Ural-1280.mp4

We do lots of hiking, and there are bears, cougars and rattle snakes where we live: Vancouver Island and the Okanagan. People will say keep your dogs on leash, they MIGHT get eaten, or bit etc. Our dogs are well trained with good recall and we let them off leash where permitted and they have an absolute ball. What's not better then running through the forest or desert, with your best friend (Ruby and Ivy) on a hunt together. Both dogs respect their freedom and never get more than a few hundred feet from us and will wait at corners etc. so they always have us in sight. And yes, the terrible MIGHT happen but our dogs live wonderful, FREE lives and more than so many dogs that never get off a leash, or never get to ride on a motorcycle.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 3
  6. Eldon

Eldon Elite Member

Nov 14, 2018
    North Yorkshire
    Early 1990's me, ex-wife and our jack russel setting off for the Orkneys.

20200201_133937.jpg

• Like Like x 5
  7. 2wheelsforfun

2wheelsforfun Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2020
    Osoyoos, BC Canada
    Love it, and the lid is for when it rains. :)

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. Erling

Erling Elite Member

Dec 12, 2017
    Norway
    In a similar vein, here are three of my kayaking buddies.

Turhund.jpg

• Like Like x 4
  9. Eldon

Eldon Elite Member

Nov 14, 2018
    North Yorkshire
    The lid is a brown plastic tile grout lid. This is bolted eccentrically although I can only every recall it being used once when it hammered it down on the M62.
    Without the silver tent bag a clear plastic "windscreen" is more obvious. It was deemed necessary after a test ride round the block with the wife following in the car. Rather effectively the tent in partnership with the hole created a guillotine :eek:

10. SteveRS

SteveRS First Class Member

Jan 12, 2019
    British Columbia
    A much more appropriate environment for our little fury friends. Nicely done.

• Agree Agree x 1