Ktm Husqvarna Supermoto?

Discussion in 'Other Bikes' started by Moe, Jan 26, 2021.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Moe

Moe Senior Member

Jun 10, 2015
    Colchester
    Evening All,

Been thinking about getting a supermoto, had the chance to sit on one a while ago and since I could reach the floor it has now become an opportunity to buy another bike!!

Have looked at the KTM 690 smcr and the 701, been watching some of chops' YouTube vids on moding and they look like fun!

Any experiences and comments?

2. andyc1

andyc1 Lunarville 7, Airlock 3

Feb 4, 2017
    N. Ireland
    They're getting very popular round here, haven't had a go yet but they are meant to be brilliant fun! There's a guy rides one up and down our coast road regularly and has great fun embarrassing all the sports bikes! I think the bikes you mentioned need regular oil changes/short service intervals but thats not really a big deal

• Like Like x 1
  3. Moe

Moe Senior Member

Jun 10, 2015
    Colchester
    I don't do a huge amount of miles and it would be a 2nd bike so spreading my 3-4k miles a year over 2 won't push the services or wallet.

• Like Like x 1
  4. El Vikingo Tropical

El Vikingo Tropical Noble Member

Jan 17, 2021
    Gran Canaria, Spain
    What bike?
    It’s all up to your own personality (In some cases a cuestión of image).
    This kind of bikes is GREAT FUN if you like to push hard at twisty roads, Yo can be “king of mountain” with them.
    What in not very sure is how they are to have for calm driver just to cruise around?

5. Moe

Moe Senior Member

Jun 10, 2015
    Colchester
    I have a tuono, and a supermoto would be a nice addition. I do like scratching round the back roads so a supermoto would be perfect...the tuono not so much.

No mountains were I am I'm afraid! Will have to wait till travel is resumed again for a trip to southern Spain!

• Like Like x 2
  6. El Vikingo Tropical

El Vikingo Tropical Noble Member

Jan 17, 2021
    Gran Canaria, Spain
    The Tuono dos it very well to on twisty roads:heart_eyes:

• Like Like x 1
  7. Moe

Moe Senior Member

Jun 10, 2015
    Colchester
    Twisties yes, back roads not so much..carries a lot of speed.

Also been looking at a KTM 390, a mate has one I rode last summer. A real blast for such a small bike.

8. Kinjane

Kinjane Active Member

Oct 15, 2017
    Bristol, Land of Enger
    Good deals on new Husqvarna 401’s at the moment if you like the looks and colour palette

9. Moe

Moe Senior Member

Jun 10, 2015
    Colchester
    They don't look too bad actually, tbh not even thought of those. Just looking for a light bike to chuck around the muddy pothole ridden back roads I have round here...ultimate would be a 690 but a bit expensive for what they are