Kids on scooters Grrrrrrr

Discussion in 'Triumph General Discussion' started by Thruccyboy, Feb 1, 2017.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Thruccyboy

Thruccyboy Senior Member

Nov 18, 2015
    Essex
    And so it comes to pass that those cute little scooter kids who stole my Arai are possibly at it again...Only 3 miles from me today they tried to steal my mates Fazer....luckily the D lock around the from wheel stopped it disappearing....unluckily, they then dropped it against the kerb bending the handlebars 6" out of true. Exhaust scratched & radiator leaking only added to the pain.
    If the police are so keen to catch up with these type of people, why don't they ban all 2 up rides on scooters, that way as soon they are spotted its a stop & search. It's becoming an epidemic in London & surrounding counties & it needs culling NOW!

2. Thruccyboy

Thruccyboy Senior Member

Nov 18, 2015
    Essex
    They are lower than a snakes belly...everyone should be wary of 2 up scooter riders.... in my experience they are up to no good

• Like Like x 2
  3. Rich Bryce

Rich Bryce Dead Eye Dick

Sep 18, 2015
    Bedford
    Lot of it going on in Northampton and surrounds too by all accounts. Culling? Hmmm, it's times like this that Sharia Law doesn't sound quite so extreme.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Thruccyboy

Thruccyboy Senior Member

Nov 18, 2015
    Essex
    When I said cull, I was referring to the reduction of these menacing scooters & not a slur at any persons particular race ,creed or religious beliefs....phew, glad I've made that point clear.
    These people on these scooters have no morals or scruples, nor do they care about your way of life.
    They are truly scum.
    Enough said.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Thruccyboy

Thruccyboy Senior Member

Nov 18, 2015
    Essex
    Your right...I'm putting the thought out there...violence isn't me I'm afraid...if it was I'd of clumped the last scooter riders who nicked my £400 Arai:cool:

• Like Like x 1
  6. Rich Bryce

Rich Bryce Dead Eye Dick

Sep 18, 2015
    Bedford
    All joking aside, and at the risk of causing further offence, I was joking about using extreme measures and was not having a dig at any particular irrational sky-fairy religion (or sect).

And I too am a man of peace and peaceful intent, but blimey, one's tolerance is stretched to breaking point and beyond when it comes to messing with one's bike and bike gear, I mean, sacrilege doesn't begin to describe it.

• Like Like x 1
  7. steve lovatt

steve lovatt Something else

May 12, 2014
    North Yorkshire
    Bike theft is on the increase - up by 44% if you believe the figures.
    London is the worst area followed by Southampton (too close to Winchester for my liking).
    Two tw*ts on a ped with a cordless disc cutter - I know what I would cut off with it! :mad::mad::mad:
    Response of Hampshire Constabulary? - big operation to target kids on peds, scooters pit bikes etc. with noisy exhausts who are annoying the neighbours!

• Like Like x 2
  8. Thruccyboy

Thruccyboy Senior Member

Nov 18, 2015
    Essex
    My (legal) idea of making 2 up scooters illegal would hamper their operations big time because the passenger is the one carrying & doing the damage while the rider is just waiting...when my Arai was stolen I could have given Chase without my helmet but these angelic people live without rules & despite a 50+ horse power advantage I would not of been able to have caught them. Police should set up a sting operation offering a tasty morsel say a blade or R6 with a tracker fitted & nail the fu*ker's once & for all.

9. Rich Bryce

Rich Bryce Dead Eye Dick

Sep 18, 2015
    Bedford
    Unfortunately criminalising two-up riding on scooters won't deter criminals, they'll still do it. Heck, many of them don't have full licences in the first place. I like your idea of a sting operation. A national team, moving from force to force where there are the highest number of incidents, maybe sponsored by Bennetts (other insurers are available), with lots of exposure on youtube etc to get the word out to deter them.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Thruccyboy

Thruccyboy Senior Member

Nov 18, 2015
    Essex
    Excellent idea.

11. Thruccyboy

Thruccyboy Senior Member

Nov 18, 2015
    Essex
    They ride on false plates too.
    I managed to get the number of the scooter involved in my robbery...turns out it was false. Despite the police going round to that address they were met with a very disgruntled owner who had loads of tickets etc,etc, so even he was a victim too. Poor sod

12. desertspeedy

desertspeedy Senior Member

Jul 28, 2016
    N. Phoenix, AZ, USA
    Stateside you just get a rental car and bump the little bleepity bleeps. We have a saying here, "people like that cross the street every day". Fake plates? Why not? Food for thought, problem needs solved and Mr. Plod does not do his job.
    Now if only hunting these turds was legal I'd take a holiday and bring some of my evil black rifles to share with this crew.
    Taking out the trash should not require permission.

• Like Like x 5
  13. crispey

crispey crispey creme de la creme

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    I don't think the insurance companies would get involved, they make huge profits by charging us excessive fees to cover this. Don't think for a moment it's costing them anything!

14. Thruccyboy

Thruccyboy Senior Member

Nov 18, 2015
    Essex
    I can see your point Mr C. But wouldn't it be nice just once seeing these little shits getting their come-uppence on social media?

15. desertspeedy

desertspeedy Senior Member

Jul 28, 2016
    N. Phoenix, AZ, USA
    Do you not have these so called, "Investigative Reporters" on the television over there? We have a few local TV stations that have some very aggressive ones that go after low life scum. Might you ask one of these ego inflated personalities to do a TV slot about this scooter epidemic. Put it square in the eyes of the public and elevate it on Mr. Plods to do list.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Rich Bryce

Rich Bryce Dead Eye Dick

Sep 18, 2015
    Bedford
    You'll find quite a few pushbike stings on youtube. There was one I saw once where the bike was left waiting to be stolen, but with all the bolts loosened making it unrideable. The look on the putative thief's face when he climbed aboard was a picture. Wish I could track it down now.

17. Rich Bryce

Rich Bryce Dead Eye Dick

Sep 18, 2015
    Bedford
    And #1 daughter, a rozzer round our parts, will tell you they do, like filling in fecking reams of paperwork in triplicate.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Thruccyboy

Thruccyboy Senior Member

Nov 18, 2015
    Essex
    #18 Thruccyboy, Feb 3, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2017
    OMG.....there I go again upsetting people unintentionally.....so I hearby publicly apologise to all people on here but more importantly all the scumbags er angelic, decent, honest, scooter owning unemployable teenagers for only giving them my £400 Arai & £150 scala Bluetooth....how's that?:cool::D

19. R_1000

R_1000 Elite Member
    Subscriber

Sep 2, 2016
    UK, London
    #19 R_1000, Feb 3, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2017
    Bike thieves are scum of the earth. Few years ago I was at Ace Cafe in London on my Gixxer. It was late evening and couple lads approached me and started talking about my bike and asked where I lived and so on. Anyway I gave them crap as they looked realy dodgy. They walked away but I could see them constantly keeping an eye on me and I was getting really paranoid. As I was leaving Ace, guess what....2 up (same guys) on a fireblade leaves with me. I thought to myself here we go. I decided to take a detour and go through some countryside roads I know very well. So all through the North Circular they were behind me couple of cars back. They had plenty of opportunity to go past me but they just held back. Got on M1 and took the exit to Hemel.

These guys said they live in Woodgreen and I am now in Hemel and they are behind me!!!!! After Hemel it's all twisties (my backyard). I gunned the motor and boy.... I was going at a such a serious pace almost to my limits. These guys tried but after couple of bends they started loosing me. Mid you it was dark and they didn't know the road :). I just kept at it and overtaking other cars and just kept at the throttle. They never caught up with me and thank god for that. What pissed me off was that I had to ride to my limits on a public road just because these scums wanted to find out where I lived or waiting for an opportunity to jack my bike. After that day I decided, should this happen again I would just ride normally straight to a police station and see what happens.

Who do these scums think they are. I made sacrifices and worked hard to buy my bike. And these scums who gets their kicks and lives a happy life off other people's miseries just comes and takes it away from you. When I bought my 1st 1000cc I was 25. I used to start work on Tuesday 10PM (night shift) and finish 6AM Wednesday morning, 1 hour break then straight to the next work which starts at 7AM to 7PM Wednesday, then I get 3 hours break and back to Wednesday 10PM night shift and I finish on Thursday morning 6AM. Then finally I get to go home and shut my eyes. I worked like that for 1 year to buy my bike. It infuriates me to see these scums taking it off these decent people who really worked hard for it.

I am sorry if I got carried away. I just had to get it out.

• Like Like x 4
  20. Graeme_D

Graeme_D Active Member

Aug 31, 2015
    Edinburgh
    Round here in Edinburgh, they know that nothing is going to get done to them by the police or the 'justice' system, so they are out during daylight hours, with people walking past, trying to steal bikes.
    The police know who they are, as it's the usual suspects, but there's no point. They get collared, the judge gives them a slap on the wrist, don't do it again and off they go, steal the first bike they see on way home and Wahey! a free ride home. Not to mention the police can't chase them as they remove their helmets and you can't chase the scroats in case they fall off and give themselves a boo-boo.

What really riles me up though, is when (not if) people get so fed up with it happening all the time, and they stop one of them and the wee dear gets hurt, the victim of theft will be the one to get the book thrown at them.

• Like Like x 4