Key Shift

Discussion in 'Triumph General Discussion' started by Jadorff, Jul 15, 2020.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Jadorff

Jadorff Noble Member

Apr 14, 2019
    Adelaide Australia
    thinking of shifting the key with the braket you can get on e bay ,which moves the the key to the frame .the bracket

bolts to the oil cooler bolts. the key reaches with out lenghting the wireing .has any one done this its a bit annoying having to push the indicator forward to get the key in

2. Jadorff

Jadorff Noble Member

Apr 14, 2019
    Adelaide Australia
    this braket but I would need the left side

IMG_2716.jpg

• Useful Useful x 1
  3. capt

capt Elite Member

May 8, 2016
    western Australia
    No , I bought an 09' America , moved the whole ignition switch from under left hand side of the seat by the battery case , to , up between the handle bar riser brackets.

Where a bike ignition switch should be ...!!

• Like Like x 3
  4. steve lovatt

steve lovatt Something else

May 12, 2014
    North Yorkshire
    I moved my ignition switch for the same reason but was never happy with the one on the frame - still a bit of a daft location.
    This alternative is much better!
    20200624_125342.jpg

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Jadorff

Jadorff Noble Member

Apr 14, 2019
    Adelaide Australia
    I like that better mine is an 09 with all the lights whete your key is i would have to upgrade the dash to a later model how did you do this thanks for your reply

6. steve lovatt

steve lovatt Something else

May 12, 2014
    North Yorkshire
    Oh ok, mines a 2012 model with the later dials ( the idiot lights are in the dial). :)

7. Donnie-boy

Donnie-boy Member

Jan 1, 2022
    Emerald Isle NC
    I would love to eliminate needing a key. I can't figure out how many wires attach and which wires I need to coonect to which on the on position.

I am not worried about theft, and... if I do get somewhere dicey, then, I can always lock the front with a key I can keep in the saddlebag.

I would like to have a simple on-off switch, no key.
    I have little problem with reaching down to the left to turn switch, in fact, I have mastered reaching back without looking, and it becomes part of the startup checklist routine.