Kevlar Jeans

Discussion in 'Clothing & Gadgets' started by RROB, Aug 25, 2016.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. RROB

RROB Active Member

Jul 9, 2016
    Worcestershire
    Anyone use them ? or recommend some decent brands ??..... just fancy trying some
    been looking at the Draggin Range with the protection built in.... reasonable reviews

2. Dougie D

Dougie D Crème de la Crème

Jan 30, 2016
    Blairgowrie Perthshire
    If you have deep pockets, i would go with Rokker fully waterproof and removable hip and knee protection..don't think of them as just jeans..(they are not actually Denim even although they look exactly like denims o_O ) think of them as a technical motorbike trouser!..the fit is similar to a pair of Levi 501

• Like Like x 2
  3. Modalconfusion

Modalconfusion Active Member

Jul 28, 2016
    Stafford
    I have some a pair of Aramid Reinforced Jeans bought from J & S, the fit is OK down to the knees then they are like a massive pair of flares so that they go over your boots. As a shorty I was glad to find something that wasn't too long and fitted waist wise BUT the bottoms are way to wide and ride up your boots when riding. I am looking for a pair of Levi 501 type of fit so am interested in what people wear.

4. Modalconfusion

Jul 28, 2016
    Stafford
    I much prefer my BKS leather trousers but boy they make you sweat when it's warm

5. v8dve

v8dve Member

Feb 13, 2016
    Southampton
    #5 v8dve, Aug 25, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 25, 2016
    My Hood K7 ones are brilliant and you can order to correct leg length... They Look just like normal jeans with no cross stitching where the Kevlar is patched in. I wear them as my everyday jeans now (without the armour) on and off the bike. Only thing I'd prefer is if they were available with a more Levi type boot cut, but I can live with that :)

http://www.hoodjeans.co.uk

6. Victor

Victor Active Member

Jul 26, 2015
    North Wales
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Modalconfusion

Jul 28, 2016
    Stafford
    Are they quite wide then or are they made to fit inside boots

8. v8dve

v8dve Member

Feb 13, 2016
    Southampton
    #8 v8dve, Aug 25, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 25, 2016

My Hood ones are brilliant and you can order to correct leg length... They Look just like normal jeans with no cross stitching where the Kevlar is patched in. I wear them as my everyday jeans now (without the armour) on and off the bike. Only thing I'd prefer is if they were available with a more Levi type boot cut, but I can live with that :)

I can wear them outside my boots with no problem. Sizes on chart on website http://www.hoodjeans.co.uk/hood-motorcycle-jeans-size-chart/ shows width (B) as 17" but that dimension should be 8.5" really. Compare them to your normal jeans.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Modalconfusion

Jul 28, 2016
    Stafford

I can wear them outside my boots with no problem

But do they ride up when riding ?

10. v8dve

v8dve Member

Feb 13, 2016
    Southampton
    Yeah they do ride up a bit, because I have them normal length, not longer to allow the ride up. But again I'm ok with that as I wear my boots under rather than over.

They do free uk exchange but not had to use that. Maybe drop them an email.

Rockin.

11. snarly

snarly Active Member

Sep 8, 2013
    Essex
    +1 Hood K7. Fit snug over a full boot and agree with v8dve on the fit but are my go to jean now.

12. Tiglet

Tiglet Vintage Member

Mar 28, 2016
    Cheshire
    Another + vote for hood jeans.

Wearing mine now whilst I'm at that Classic TT on the IOM:cool:

Dave.

• Like Like x 4
  13. Tricolore

Tricolore Active Member

Jun 24, 2016
    Midlands
    Just make sure you try them all on first, the fit on some brands is terrible imo, and if they're baggy then they'll just twist if you have an off giving no protection. They need to be long as well because when you sit on the bike the end up half way up your thigh and flap about in the wind.

I bought a pair of Belstaff ones on eBay, paid £90:00 brand new, £200 in the shops. Best pair of jeans I've ever bought ( for going out ) but all they have is a pocket for D30 knee pads and a bit of Kevlar on the backside.

The Rokker website has more pairs to order online and check out motolegends they have some good brands.

• Like Like x 1
  14. crispey

crispey crispey creme de la creme

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    Are Kevlar jeans warmer than leather jeans or cooler?

15. Modalconfusion

Jul 28, 2016
    Stafford
    In my experience no but jeans are ideal for the summer months light and airy

• Like Like x 1
  16. toffeeboy

toffeeboy Active Member

Jul 21, 2016
    cheshire
    I've got a pair of Draggin jeans, they are OK and probably compared to the others are at least as good though I did not try the Hood tbh though I did try and buy a pair off a forum member on here to see of they were any better.

Mine do not feel like regular jeans, certainly not like a decent pair of jeans, the kevlar lining makes them thicker and therefore sweatier, I would never choose to wear them just for nipping out for a pint or at any time other than on the bike. I didn't bother with any armour for them as I use them so infrequently.

Mine are 32" waist and if you want to have a test go you're welcome to have a loan of them.

• Like Like x 1
  17. RROB

RROB Active Member

Jul 9, 2016
    Worcestershire
    Thx for the offer......but kebabs down here have finally caught up with my waistline as ill need a 34.....! lol

• Like Like x 1
  18. toffeeboy

toffeeboy Active Member

Jul 21, 2016
    cheshire
    Lol probable the same with me tbh, haven't worn them for over a year and am still carrying my winter blubber ;-)

• Like Like x 1
  19. Tomo

Tomo Active Member

Apr 23, 2016
    Birmingham
    Bull-it covec lined jeans are my choice. They do several versions, but I went for the six second abrasion resistant ones. £130 from a local dealer.
    Their sizing is the same as regular Levi's - I wear 36R's in Levi's and the Bull-it 36 R's fit the same. There are pockets for armour if you want to retro fit some too.
    Check out the youtube videos on covec v the other fibres like kevlar - they opened my eyes. Other than that, try some different brands/types on for size and comfort, then make a decision.

• Like Like x 3
  20. v8dve

v8dve Member

Feb 13, 2016
    Southampton
    Thanks Tomo, just checked Bull-it website to find they are local to me. So a visit soon methinks.

Learn something new everyday :)

• Like Like x 1