Keeping up standards

Discussion in 'Triumph General Discussion' started by Havit, Jul 22, 2015.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Havit

Havit Admin
    Staff Member Subscriber

Jul 17, 2015
    Kent
    Let me know your thoughts on this,as I'm asking about keeping standards, I will do the question posh. When one is doing work on ones bike, should one keep ones bike standard or should one customise. Sounds obvious but no there is a question of value here. As most of you know my Tbird and bag of bolts is in bits at the moment , it's doubtful if she will ever be like she was when she left the showroom as their are too many bits been changed , I could keep standardising her but I think she will lose her personality , but at a later date, IF I decided to sell her she's worth more standard, mad ah. You can make small mods on her but say you had a faired bike and you turned her into a street fighter, the value wouldn't be the same in years to come. I suppose it comes down to personal choice.

2. crispey

crispey crispey creme de la creme

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    What one would say and this is purely ones opinion, is one should do what one desires and if one should, at a later date, decide to bless the lowly serfs with the honour of purchasing said trusty steed one could return ones trusty steed to how God intended by utilising ones parts left in ones box o' bits or purchased gradually orf eBay, or, if one should wish to mingle with the plebs, bike jumbles!

• Like Like x 1
  3. Havit

Havit Admin
    Staff Member Subscriber

Jul 17, 2015
    Kent
    Moi Go to Bike Jumble ? , Never dear boy

4. thebiglad

thebiglad Old fart, still riding !

Sep 25, 2013
    Central France
    For me motorbike bike riding is all about pleasure - pleasure for me ! I have modified my Bonny and turned her into my Bonny. I have no plans to sell and she gives me - as she stands now - huge amounts of pleasure.

Live for today......................................tomorrow you might be dead !!!!

• Like Like x 1
  5. Sprinter

Sprinter Kinigit

Aug 17, 2014
    uk
    i think its a journey and one step at a time not so much how it will end , more what happens today whats available, at the time. how do u feel about going with this part or that part today ( then 2 days later u find a different part ) that way you dont know the end till u get there and its you that built it . thats me feeling i dont mean to inflict it on anyone good luck

• Like Like x 1
  6. Havit

Havit Admin
    Staff Member Subscriber

Jul 17, 2015
    Kent
    Words of wisdom, thanks big ladbig lad

7. Havit

Havit Admin
    Staff Member Subscriber

Jul 17, 2015
    Kent
    well said, reminds me of an old saying , " forget the potholes, enjoy the journey" I think it was written by the council, lol anyway thanks jtd.

8. Havit

Havit Admin
    Staff Member Subscriber

Jul 17, 2015
    Kent
    I think I,ll take a leaf out of your book and make it my own, the matchless sounds good, any pics?

9. Havit

Havit Admin
    Staff Member Subscriber

Jul 17, 2015
    Kent
    Finally someone with etiquette

10. folkbloke

folkbloke Well-Known Member

Jul 20, 2013
    Sussex
    Stop pissing about and just get on with it

• Like Like x 2
  11. Havit

Havit Admin
    Staff Member Subscriber

Jul 17, 2015
    Kent
    Sounds like someone else got out of the wrong side of the bed today, Cant one enjoy a bit of banter anymore?

• Like Like x 1
  12. Havit

Havit Admin
    Staff Member Subscriber

Jul 17, 2015
    Kent
    Nice one. A project to look forward too. Haven't rode a smoker for years still love the smell of castor R.

13. Havit

Havit Admin
    Staff Member Subscriber

Jul 17, 2015
    Kent
    Castrol R, how do you turn off this bloody spell check,ahhhhh

• Like Like x 1