Kaoko Throttle Stabilizer

Discussion in 'Clothing & Gadgets' started by Eastbournemark, Mar 9, 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Eastbournemark

Eastbournemark Proud Snowflake

Jun 17, 2017
    Eastbourne
    After years of abuse my right hand regularly cramps up with pins and needles when on a decent run on my T120. I’ve come across the Kaoko Throttle Stabilizer on the R&G Racing website that appears to offer a solution. Seems cheaper than Triumph cruise control. Anyone had experience of this product?

• Useful Useful x 2
  2. Yorkshireman

Yorkshireman Crème de la Crème

Dec 12, 2015
    Barnsley
    Friend of mine has one on his speed triple, put it on for our trip to Spain a couple of years ago and rated it easy to use and worth it for the long motorway rubs.

• Useful Useful x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Eastbournemark

Eastbournemark Proud Snowflake

Jun 17, 2017
    Eastbourne
    Just before this thread prematurely shoots off in another direction I found this description of the product.

‘Kaoko Throttle Stabilizer kits are an essential product for every rider. The kit consists of a simple, ingenious and robustly designed friction nut that is integral with a special Kaoko handle bar end weight. The Kaoko bar end weight is closely matched in appearance and weight to the Original Equipment Manufacturer’s (OEM) end weight.

It is operated by gripping the throttle stabilizer between your small finger and the palm of your hand and rotating as you normally would. To disengage the throttle stabilizer, whilst rolling off the throttle, grip the throttle stabilizer between your small finger and palm of your hand.

The main features of the Kaoko Throttle Stabilizers are ;-

• Greatly reduces rider fatigue and strain on hand and wrist.

• Whilst cruising, rider is able to remove hand from throttle grip, throttle opening will remain as set.

• Very simple to operate, even with heavy winter gloves. High quality, compact and durable design, super smooth action.

• Less wear and tear on throttle cables and linkages. Can result in reduced fuel consumption.

• Very little maintenance is required.

• Takes less than 5 minutes to fit.’

4. Moe

Moe Senior Member

Jun 10, 2015
    Colchester
    Yourshireman, do you know what the item number is for your friends speed triple? I'd like to put one on my speed

5. Yorkshireman

Dec 12, 2015
    Barnsley
    I’ll message him and see if he knows but he’s a bit lazy at replying. His bike is a 2013 model.

6. Yorkshireman

Dec 12, 2015
    Barnsley
    B@stard spill chucker :mad:

• Funny Funny x 2
  7. Yorkshireman

Dec 12, 2015
    Barnsley
    Well he got back to me quick enough but he doesn’t know the item number but he got it from R&G if that helps. Sorry can’t be more help :confused:

8. Moe

Moe Senior Member

Jun 10, 2015
    Colchester
    Thanks for trying, ive had a look on the website and they dont do it for a 2016.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  9. thebigbail

thebigbail Member

May 31, 2019
    Prince George
    I ordered the Kaoko throttle control for my Thruxton R from R&G. The SKU is “thrux100”.

I am unhappy with the design and took it off. Because of the bar end mirrors, the Kaoko doesn’t mount the same as their other models. It adds a full 1” to the bar width on the throttle side and the control wheel is not close to the grip which is less user friendly.

I have the Kaoko on 2 other bikes and love them, (BMW and KTM). Their non-Triumph design is easy to use and a very clean design.

• Like Like x 1