675 K&n Air Filter

Discussion in 'Street Triple' started by JonyB, Oct 23, 2018.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. JonyB

JonyB New Member

Oct 22, 2018
    Wollongong (Australia)
    Hi everyone!

First of all, apologies if this is covered elsewhere. I had a look around (search) but couldn't find anything, so here goes.

In regards to engine mods, my bike is pretty much as stock as you'll find in the Showroom, and I do intend to keep her as stock as possible. Don't get me wrong, but I really think that the bike is bloody fantastic as is (for road use) and don't really think I need to play around with engine mods.
    In saying that, I am considering making couple of mods; one will be changing brake lines, and the other is to change the air filter to a K&N filter.

So I wanted to put it out there to see if anyone has upgraded to K&N Air Filter, and what sort of feedback you can give me;

> Any issues with fitting this?

> Any changes to MPG and / or engine running? I'm talking about noticeable changes...

> I'm still running the stock exhaust / pipes. Changing to a K&N filter, do I need to do any re-mapping?

Thank you all for any feedback!

2. mpllineman

mpllineman First Class Member

Feb 12, 2018
    Pearl,Ms.
    Good morning and welcome in.

I made the change over to my Scrambler, 06 model, a while ago. It is just a much better filter than stock mess. Easy to fit and requires much less mntce than stock. Anything that helps keep crud out of engine is a good thing!

I have not noticed any real changes in MPG or performance, but that's not what it's about really!