Just Playing With My Scotland Video's From Last August

Discussion in 'Triumph General Discussion' started by joe mc donald, Mar 14, 2021.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. joe mc donald

Subscriber

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    #1 joe mc donald, Mar 14, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2021
    Just trying if this works
    Joe

• Like Like x 3
  2. joe mc donald

Subscriber

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    Well i got something to work. It is not to good but i have a couple more i want to list later.
    Joe.

3. Dougie D

Dougie D Crème de la Crème

Jan 30, 2016
    Blairgowrie Perthshire
    Probably not the best position for the camera if you want to capture the scenery, Do you have any editing software?

• Like Like x 1
  4. joe mc donald

Subscriber

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    just another go at videos

5. Cyborgbot

Cyborgbot Guest

Interesting way to get off a bike. The long way round...

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Cyborgbot

Cyborgbot Guest

Great to get ur vids uploaded. As @Dougie D says, get a video editing software to take out the bits you don’t like.

I have Final Cut Pro (paid)and Davinci Resolve (free) plus Apples free movie making software. I chose whatever is best for the task I’m working on.

just to do simple cut/edit/merges then anything will do.

Give me a shout if you want a tutorial but there are lots of you tube examples.

• Like Like x 1
  7. joe mc donald

Subscriber

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    Dougie D
    God Man give me a chance it has taken me nearly a year to work this out. Only joking but any advice is welcomed. I have now just changed the camera for the ghost xl so if you know of a good location pray tell me. I was thinking of the dash area. Not keen on putting it on my helmet.
    Joe.

8. joe mc donald

Subscriber

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    Cyborgbot
    Yes it was a fantastic trip but didn't like that pass of the cattle especially as it was raining.
    Joe.

• Like Like x 1
  9. joe mc donald

Subscriber

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    Yes mate that is on the list. I just have to wait till my boy has time to teach me. Then I have to remember all the bits and bods. But I will try soon
    Joe.

10. Dougie D

Dougie D Crème de la Crème

Jan 30, 2016
    Blairgowrie Perthshire
    @Hippo-Drones might be able to give you some tips,hes our forum youtuber!

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  11. joe mc donald

Subscriber

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    Dougie D.
    Thanks I may have a chat before my N/Ireland trip. Really I am to bloody old for all this new era contraptions.
    Joe

• Like Like x 1
  12. Cyborgbot

Cyborgbot Guest

• Like Like x 1
  13. joe mc donald

Subscriber

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    Cyborgbot
    Thanks mate.
    Joe.

14. Cyborgbot

Cyborgbot Guest

#14 Cyborgbot, Mar 14, 2021
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 14, 2021
    Just been thinking about it, they do a more ‘automated’ version (cheaper too). Mine allows me to do do all sorts of daft stuff and is probably over kill for most users.

As an experiment I filmed my kids waterskiing from the boat using an iPhone 11 Pro Max. Even though it has built in stabilisation, the ‘un-gimballed’ videos was bouncy and shaky. With the gimbal is was like filming from a tripod on dry land. Stunning results.

• Like Like x 1
  15. joe mc donald

Subscriber

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    Cyborgbot
    Yes i will talk to my Son he is computer savvy. Also i will be using the Ghost xl.
    Joe

• Like Like x 1
  16. Cyborgbot

Cyborgbot Guest

You should get some great videos. Be ruthless about editing though. 10 mins sat in a traffic jams isn’t compelling viewing whereas scenic sweeping bends are :)

Good luck!

:)

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Hippo-Drones

Hippo-Drones Noble Member

Mar 4, 2018
    West Sussex
    If making videos purely for your own enjoyment, then edit them how you want to remember the rides, but if making them for others, you really need to find your way around a video editor, there are lots of free ones. I use a paid for editor called Filmora Wondershare 9 and it is a really simple editor to use, but has some great features too.
    If bike mounting and you only have one camera, I'd suggest a tank mount that is high enough to see over the bars and clocks etc, but still shows them at the bottom of the screen. With a Drift, they are designed to be helmet mounted though, and the videos will be much more involving if helmet mounted if you are able to do so and get it pointed forwards :)

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. Cyborgbot

Cyborgbot Guest

#18 Cyborgbot, Mar 15, 2021
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2021
    With two or more cameras you can sync then switch between angles to get the best shit and also some ‘style’ to the video.

Edit: I mean to say “best shot” but decided to leave it as funny!

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  19. andypandy

andypandy Crème de la Crème

Jan 10, 2016
    Shaw
    Joe, maybe you should start thinking about buying a colour telly. Your videos will be much better played through a big colour telly. :D:D:D

• Funny Funny x 2