Just ordered a Thruxton R

Discussion in 'Newbies Hangout' started by Wassers, May 27, 2016.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Wassers

Wassers Active Member

May 27, 2016
    Berkshire
    Hi everyone. I'm already a Triumph owner (Tiger 800 XRx) and test rode the new Thruxton R last weekend. I just fell head over heels with it and I'm feeling an extremely lucky fella as my wife has allowed me to have the Thruxton R as well and my order went in last Monday. I'm so excited I could burst. No specific delivery date just yet, but my dealer has said sometime in July.

2. thebiglad

thebiglad Old fart, still riding !

Sep 25, 2013
    Central France
    Hi Wassers, congratulations on your new purchase.

I'm not at all jealous that you will have my two favorite bikes in the Triumph range.

I hope you enjoy them both, you lucky bastid. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

3. Dougie D

Dougie D Crème de la Crème

Jan 30, 2016
    Blairgowrie Perthshire
    welcome Wassers..whose a lucky boy! :):)

4. Wasp

Wasp Well-Known Member

May 14, 2016
    Burnley NWUK
    Welcome...

Seen a grey and a red one t'other day in the dealers. Very easy on the eye. ;) The brushed steel trim is awesome.

Enjoy, and ATB

Bob

5. crispey

crispey crispey creme de la creme

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
  6. Wassers

Wassers Active Member

May 27, 2016
    Berkshire
    Thanks half ton. Consider your request done. Lol. Thanks all for your welcomes and good wishes

7. Bonzo

Bonzo Well-Known Member

Apr 29, 2016
    IoM
    #7 Bonzo, May 28, 2016
    Last edited: May 28, 2016
    Howdy Wassers,

Congratulations mate. I know exactly how you feel. After a couple of demo rides on both the T120 and the Thrux R, the Thrux completely blew me away. I'm now the proud owner of this sexy silver retro-tastic beauty.

[​IMG]

The motor is silky smooth and an absolute torque monster that is bang on for real road riding.
    The chassis is so nimble & flickable and effortless. The weight you feel when you push it out of the garage disappears once the wheels turn. The geometry is just perfect (for me), with a really comfortable reach to the bars. I could ride this for 200+ miles no sweat. One of the biggest plusses for me is how lovely & smooth it is down low in the revs (my old Ducati was a pig here). It's great to ride slow too!

Of course none of that would matter if it looked like a dog, but you'd have to be a serious bike hater not to be impressed with this.

[​IMG]

The cockpit is a place of beauty.

[​IMG]

Oh, and you just know that you are onboard a really classy premium product. Even the key is class! I really believe this will become a future classic.

[​IMG]

I know for me the novelty of a new bike hasn't wore off yet (and the summer sun is in the sky - which always helps) but of all the 13 bikes I've previously had, I have never felt like this before.

You are going to love it mate. And so is your missus. She'll be happy that you're happy :)

• Like Like x 5
  8. thebiglad

Sep 25, 2013
    Central France
    Hi Bonzo, unfortunately I can't see any of your pics - which is a shame as it's a new Thruccy !!!!

9. PETER CLARKE

PETER CLARKE Senior Member

Nov 11, 2015
    Essex
    Hi and welcome Wassers nice purchase feels a small bike till you open the throttle:), can you do the crispay thing when he is at home about 5am should do it he is bound to open curtains and window to let you know he has heard you:D:D.

10. PETER CLARKE

PETER CLARKE Senior Member

Nov 11, 2015
    Essex
    The pictures are great you are missing out Dave you really need to get your PC sorted.

11. Wassers

Wassers Active Member

May 27, 2016
    Berkshire
    Hi Bonzo. Your silver Thruxton R looks awesome. Glad you are enjoying it and reckon it's the best bike you've ever had. I nearly went with the silver colour too, but eventually decided on the Matt black when I saw one in the flesh at the dealers. Roll on July, it can't come quick enough. At least it's June next week.

12. Wassers

Wassers Active Member

May 27, 2016
    Berkshire
    Excitement levels increased even further (if that's possible) as I had a very unexpected call from my dealer today who says my Thruxton R arrived today. I was expecting sometime in July. Hopefully I can collect a week tomorrow after its been prepped.

13. thebiglad

Sep 25, 2013
    Central France
    Hi Bonzo, I can see them now and she looks utterly gorgeous.

14. Wasp

Wasp Well-Known Member

May 14, 2016
    Burnley NWUK
    Beautiful. Absolutely stunning machine that.

At the risk of sounding like a smartarse, can i just remind you of the dangers of parking on the side stand facing downhill. Would hate to see a post from you telling us it's rolled off the stand and gone over...:(

ATB

Bob

15. Bonzo

Bonzo Well-Known Member

Apr 29, 2016
    IoM
    Nice one Wassers.

I had a feeling yours would be here before July. I think they quote the latest lead time so as to avoid disappointment.

Good luck sleeping :)

16. Bonzo

Bonzo Well-Known Member

Apr 29, 2016
    IoM
    Howdy Bob,

I always leave in gear, but none of these are as downhill facing as the pics make out.

Cheers though dude.

17. crispey

crispey crispey creme de la creme

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
  18. Sceptic Al

Sceptic Al Well-Known Member

How the f"£k did you persuade her in doors, or, does she have something planned where you'll be paying back FOREVER. Take no offence, I'm just really jealous:D:D:D

19. steve lovatt

steve lovatt Something else

May 12, 2014
    North Yorkshire
    You've made a lot of people very jealous! :)