Just Curious

Discussion in 'America, Speedmaster & Rocket' started by Fork Lock, Jun 10, 2024.

1. Fork Lock

Fork Lock Elite Member

Feb 5, 2021
    South Jersey, The 51st State
    I'm not trying to "Stir the Pot," I just have always wondered why the Speedmaster is lumped in here with the Rocket and the America. Why is it not in with the Bonnies? After all, it is the "Bonneviille Speedmaster." Just curious.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. Sandi T

Sandi T It's ride o'clock somewhere!
    Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    That's an interesting question, @Fork Lock. I didn't even know that it was lumped in with the Rocket. I was just at our Triumph dealer a week or so ago and they had two Speedmasters. Both were sitting in the row with Modern Classics, primarily Bonnies. There was a Bobber on one side and a T100 on the other. Hmmm...

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. ajc400

ajc400 Senior Member

Jun 4, 2024
    Glasgow
    I just watched this video of the Bonneville range..... and the Speedmaster is included there as a Bonneville variant, but maybe it's in with the bigger bikes because it is such a big "cruiser"?

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Andy J

Andy J Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2024
    Lincolnshire
    The original British built Speedmaster and the America are Bonnevilles. If anything the Rocket should have its own section and the America and Speedmaster be in with the Bonnevilles. My Bike is a 2014 Hinkley British Built Triumph Bonneville America. :cool:
    my amarica.jpg

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Fork Lock

Fork Lock Elite Member

Feb 5, 2021
    Really like your America. When I was shopping, the dealer had a used America and a used Thunderbird on the floor. I'm a die-hard cruiser rider. I really like the styling on both. If Triumph still made the America, I would have bought one. I seriously considered buying the pre-owned one there. However, even though both appeared to be in great shape with low mileage, I didn't want to deal with the uncertainty of a used vehicle. The Speedmaster has turned out to be a great choice, albeit a bit on the small side for me (6' 2", 200 lbs.). I had to get highway bars so I could install pegs for a little more stretch and add the inch up/inch back handlebar risers. I had the seat rebuilt/modified with an upholsterer incorporating a gel seat into it. Other than that, she does everything I ask of her.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Andy J

Andy J Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2024
    Lincolnshire
    mybonny.jpg

• Like Like x 5
  7. Fork Lock

Fork Lock Elite Member

Feb 5, 2021
    Andy, STOP!

No more pix of your America.

I found myself trolling Facebook Marketplace and Ebay Motors for pre-owned Americas after seeing your bike.

Shhhh... Don't tell my Speedy!

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Andy J

Andy J Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2024
    Lincolnshire
    I am sorry..........:):blush:

IMG_1083.JPG

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1