Joey the man who conquered the TT

Discussion in 'Racing & Bike Sport' started by Dougie D, Dec 3, 2016.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Dougie D

Dougie D Crème de la Crème

Jan 30, 2016
    Blairgowrie Perthshire
    If you missed this when it was shown on the tv it's well worth watching

• Like Like x 1
  2. thebiglad

thebiglad Old fart, still riding !

Sep 25, 2013
    Central France
    I was on holiday in Germany the time that Joey died and loads of people bikers and non-bikers kept coming up to me asking if I'd heard.

Just showed me how well thought-of around the world Joey was.

• Like Like x 1
  3. H.O.

H.O. Noble Member

Nov 28, 2015
    ARDROSSAN, AYRSHIRE
    Shortly after he died I was at a show at either Peterborough or Stafford and on the Honda stand was one of Joey's bikes.
    There was no one else on the stand so I got a good look, and asked if I could sit on it expecting a resounding 'no sorry', but to my delight I got a 'YES if I'm quick, don't want encourage it too much')
    Well, it was a moment I will remember for the rest of my days, I got a strange feeling, you could not get any closer to the great man, and there must have been some dust suddenly blown up too that got into my eyes!
    For me he is my all time biking Hero!
    Here's a photo of the photo of that bike.
    IMG_0021.JPG
    I also have a poster issued by Honda in his memory that was a limited edition and you had to apply for, still rolled up in a tube, been offered good money for that but there are some things that are just not for sale!

• Like Like x 3
  4. sprintdave

sprintdave Nurse,he's out of bed again

May 25, 2014
    Birmingham
    great memories,thanks for posting guys