Jack Lilley sold to Lind Group

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by crispey, Apr 3, 2017.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. crispey

crispey crispey creme de la creme

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    As of an announcement on the 31st March, the long-standing dealership of Jack Lilley (in Ashford and Romford) has been sold to the Lind Group. Lind also own BMW and Harley Davidson dealerships and are known for bringing the 'car-buying-experience' to motorcycle dealerships.

Jack Lilley Ltd was established in 1959 and became one of the first Hinckley appointed Triumph dealerships in 1991. They were chosen for their experience and expertise in promoting European motorcycles, and in that 26 year relationship have played a major part in helping the Triumph brand establish itself in the UK. Initially operating from their Shepperton premises they soon outgrew themselves and moved to their current larger Ashford store. In 2013 they acquired an additional Triumph dealership in Romford.

Dave Lilley, Managing Director of Jack Lilley Triumph, commented: "The Lind Group is renowned for delivering a first-class customer experience, possessing unrivalled sales and aftersales knowledge and putting customers at the heart of its business, all of which were key attractions for us. This acquisition not only ensures that this will continue, but it also puts us in a strong position for future success. We are very much looking forward to joining the Lind Family."

Apparently the staff at the Romford shop knew nothing about it until it the day before the announcement. The Romford and Ashford stores were shut on the Friday with the only vehicle in the Romford car-park being a pick-up with both Lind Group and Harley Davidson on it. The reason given for the closure was a 'stock take'. Lind Group are well known for re-modelling their dealership acquisitions so expect there to be a lot of changes to both stores. It's more than likely that both stores will adopt the new Triumph look-and-feel experience as shown by the Carl Rosner store in South Croydon and might even move premises to give them more space.

Both stores are expected to continue on trading. However if previous experience is to go by, it's possible the stores will be renamed - probably to Triumph Ashford and Triumph Romford dropping the Jack Lilley name.

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. Dougie D

Dougie D Crème de la Crème

Jan 30, 2016
    Blairgowrie Perthshire
    It would be a shame to see such a famous name to disappear,you would have thought it would have been in there own interests to keep the name

• Like Like x 1
  3. GaryM

GaryM It's him, you know who. Him from you know ....

Apr 28, 2016
    Patna , Ayrshire
    I agree Jack Lille's has been one of those well known names for years. IMV they would be silly to rename it but then .......

4. Havit

Havit Admin
    Staff Member Subscriber

Jul 17, 2015
    Kent
    End of an era:(

5. joe mc donald

Subscriber

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    I have used Jack Lilly for years now and found their service second to none. But I feel I will no longer be going there as it looks like selling out and in my opinion Lind just want to kill of Triumph Dealers through the back door. I am sorry that Dave Lilley decided to sell what his family had built and cherished over the years. They were more than a motorcycle shop they were family and went that extra mile to help. But I have changed my allegiance to Bulldog Triumph now were at least one of the Jack Lilley top men work. Chris Power is one of the top Triumph minds I have ever met and he is fair and helpful and treats you like a human not a earner.
    Ride Safe.
    Joe

• Like Like x 1
  6. manbitescat

manbitescat Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2018
    Southend on Sea
    Late to the party, just returned from JL Romford, all the staff I knew have gone, replaced by androids far as I can tell...would love a good alternative...

• Agree Agree x 1