Speedmaster I've Worn Out My Bike!

Discussion in 'America, Speedmaster & Rocket' started by brown mouse, May 9, 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. brown mouse

brown mouse Elite Member

Sep 15, 2018
    East Midlands, UK
    So today I got Growler's (a Bonneville Speedmaster) brake pads changed, was lazy and got the dealer to do it with OEM parts. Looking at the old rear, one of them was down to the metal bit that sticks into the pad material :eek:. At least I now know they're Nissin MN146EF and got a chance of finding EBC or similar equivalents to do it myself next time.

My plan at the dealer was to also measure tyre tread depth on new bike in showroom to see if I had enough on mine to last a Scottish tour panned to start next week. That's when I realised that my tyres were worn more than I thought, and are also in desperate need of replacing. Queue frantic online shopping with next day delivery to try and get some to take to a fitters!

Growler's now done 7,000 miles, so that seems to be be life of the tyres, and the rear brake pads were probably shot at 6,000. Front pads look like they've got a little more life left in, but it certainly seems that with my riding practices I'll be replacing these consumables about every 9 months, eek! This biking lark is certainly an expensive game...

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Judd Dredd

Judd Dredd Giver of Drugs, Vaccines and Hard Truths

Jan 13, 2019
    here and there
    Sudden realisation of great truth...….. happens to us all

• Agree Agree x 1