I've bought it again....

Discussion in 'Speed Triple' started by mr.h, Jul 25, 2015.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. mr.h

mr.h Senior Member

May 29, 2013
    Lincolnshire
    Ok, so I traded my Speed in for a BMW S1000R Sport in May. nice bike - I liked it alot.But I didn't love it, fast as f%ck and handled like a naked Blade but it didn't have the character or soul of the Triple :cool: so I bought my beloved Speed back and the dealer is selling the BMW. I think its a keeper!

TL000129.JPG

• Like Like x 2
  2. Robin Sanderson

Robin Sanderson Active Member

Jul 14, 2015
    Peterborough
    See. My mate has an RR and was pushing for me to try the s1000r naked. Tried it and it had no soul if you know what I mean. Too much electronics which disconnected me from the ride. I was bored within a mile!

3. 711jrp

711jrp Active Member

Apr 15, 2015
    south london
    You can't have your bits back!!

• Like Like x 1
  4. roadrider

roadrider First Class Member

Jul 26, 2013
    Oxon
    Good to have you back.
    Nice to see that after being told we "need!" all these electronics they don't always make a better bike.

P.S. I'm keeping the gel seat ;)

• Like Like x 1
  5. mr.h

mr.h Senior Member

May 29, 2013
    Lincolnshire
    Haha! I've had the Speed back a fortnight and it's already wearing a gel seat and ASV levers once again! Pleased I didn't flog the Triumph bar end mirrors :rolleyes:
    A lasting impression indeed - it's all about the feel not the gizmos... :cool:

6. Richard H

Richard H Noble Member

Oct 26, 2012
    Swadlincote Derbyshire England
    Wow back on a Speed, well done. I do miss mine which I sold for a Tiger 800 XC, which I've now sold for a Kawasaki Versys 1000GT. If I could put a second bike back in the garage it would be the Speed Triple, in the mean time I will just have to make do with the odd blast on the wife's Street Triple.
    I did consider the BMW S1000 XR but just too expensive, too many electronics and outright top speed is not everything

• Like Like x 1
  7. mr.h

mr.h Senior Member

May 29, 2013
    Lincolnshire
    The whole package just suits my riding style and the Speed is for me more comfortable than the BMW, I'm pleased I tried one for longer than the average test ride but and its a big but, I love tinkering with the Speed and even washing it...the BMW just had too many nooks and crannies for proper cleaning and it didn't come apart with the same sense as the Speed. Not to mention the quality of the fixings compared to the Triumph ones - one word for the Beemer fixings 'poor' for a supposedly premium brand imo

image.jpg

• Like Like x 6
  8. Robin Sanderson

Robin Sanderson Active Member

Jul 14, 2015
    Peterborough
    Love it in white and I like the can which lightens up the rear end.

9. Clarkey

Clarkey Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2014
    Don't think you can beat a speed nuff said

• Like Like x 2
  10. Chewy

Chewy New Member

Jun 20, 2015
    Staffordshire
    Well done kid, I have heard this story so many times and seen the disappointed faces of chaps after making the change. Its not all about sex, its about statue, standards, and quality of life. Riding a speedy (specially a R ) is all that as you all ready know. Smiling again.

• Like Like x 1