Its First Tyre Time For My Bonneville (advice Please)

Discussion in 'Tyres' started by Andy-K2, Apr 21, 2018.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Andy-K2

Andy-K2 Knowledge is power for which I have neither!

Apr 26, 2017
    Bristol UK
    As promised my thoughts of the Pirelli Sport Demons. To be fair I expected them to be good and from the moment they were fitted they just felt right. Because I commute I'm in all weathers and at all speeds these tyres have not let me down, as stated its all about feeling confident on the setup beneath you and these do exactly that. Having to stop in a hurry on a very wet and windy day lets be honest we've all had to do it and not a slide a skip or a jump, even fast corners in rubbish weather is everything you could expect and more, as for dry days even better, the Bonneville I'm sure was never made to be a sports bike but with these tyres cornering in the wet or dry is as much as fun as any of the big names in the super bike world. I'm not trying to sell them, just want you to know if you are willing to put the time in there is more of a choice to Bonneville's tyres than Avon and Metzeler.

Best wishes and ride safe.
    Andy

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. horned one

horned one Member

Jul 29, 2016
    rhondda
    I currently run larger sizes on my 2013 s.e.
    Front is 120/70 and I find Michelin Pilot Power 2CT is a much better cornering tyre than the Pilot Activ or Pilot Road..

Rear is a 140/80 which is shod with a Michelin Pilot Activ. as they don't do a Pilot power in this size.
    No handling probs with the bigger sizes, they look much better on the bike although the rear only just fits in.

3. Andy-K2

Apr 26, 2017
    Bristol UK
    Awesome, I was going to go up in sizes to give me more buying options particularly for the 2CT's, loved them on my GSXR1000 however the more I read the more I was put off by changing the tyre sizing. I guess as a layman and not knowing much about the subject I took in what I read as not a good idea, wish I had a chat with you first as the 2CT's were a tyre of choice along with the Pirelli Diablo 3's, sadly they don't make a set to fit the Bonneville although you'd think they would considering the number of Bonnies on the road?

4. Colin Anderson

Colin Anderson New Member

Jul 17, 2018
    Telford
    Hi, Have you looked at the new Continental Road Attack 3?

• Like Like x 1
  5. Andy-K2

Apr 26, 2017
    Bristol UK
    Hi Colin, I don’t think I did to be fair however I’m sorted now. I went for the Pirelli Sport Demons and I can’t say anything bad about them, I guess my Bonneville and I love them. Worth thinking about on your next tyre choice.
    Best wishes
    Andy

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  6. Colin Anderson

Colin Anderson New Member

Jul 17, 2018
    Telford
    Hi Andy,
    I'll bear that in mind as I'll need a tyre change soon.
    Kind Regards
    Colin

• Like Like x 1
  7. Rudeboy

Rudeboy Senior Member

May 2, 2017
    Bristol
    Ill stick to me scabby Avon Roadriders untill the next tyre change probably about 2020 @ 600 miles per year :)