It Fell Over!!!

Discussion in 'America, Speedmaster & Rocket' started by Foggy69, Jul 31, 2020.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Foggy69

Foggy69 Member

Jul 8, 2020
    Berkshire
    Parked up the America yesterday and went for a walk. On my return another biker was waiting for me beside my bike on it's side:sob::sob::sob:!!!
    Helped me pick it up and luckily not too much damage. Good guy. Learner too.
    Seems stand sank into soft tar and over she went.
    Anyway.......the main point of my post.... any of you folks know where I can get hold of a decent LH wing mirror and LH indicator. They are OK but scratched.....not good enough!
    I have had a look on The Bay but most seem to be as badly if not worse scratched then my current ones.

Thanks.

PS. ooops sorry, forgot to mention it is an 05 carb. (Although many of the EFi parts will fit.)

• Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  2. mpllineman

mpllineman First Class Member

Feb 12, 2018
    Pearl,Ms.
    Another lesson learned. Try not to worry about it too much, just live and learn. Ask any of the older riders how they learned this!

• Agree Agree x 6
  3. Lou160487

Lou160487 Senior Member

Jun 16, 2020
    Florida U.S.A
    Another thought might be a puck. I'm in Florida which is basically one big sandbar and carry one always.

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. Foggy69

Foggy69 Member

Jul 8, 2020
    Berkshire
    Older riders?? Ha!! I'm 66! This has never happened to me before in 48 years!
    Just misjudged the state of the surface in the layby.
    But, as you say, live and learn.......it won't happen again!!

• Like Like x 3
  5. Don the Don

Don the Don Bigger Than The Average Bear

Nov 5, 2019
    MORAY UK
    +1 for the puck idea, I always carry one

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Tiglet

Tiglet Vintage Member

Mar 28, 2016
    Cheshire
    +2 puck always carried.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Thripster

Thripster Elite Member

Feb 21, 2020
    Northampton, UK
    Been there, done that. If it's not me falling over, it's the bike. Thing is to make it look like you meant to do it. When I get my bike out now, I kick it over deliberately, thus avoiding the sphincter clenching embarrassment felt when it happens accidentally. To save insurance claims, it pays to install a spring loaded coconut mat in the launch area (not always possible at pubs). Hope this helps.

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. unclescratch

unclescratch Active Member

Dec 23, 2019
    NW Arizona
    Even a smashed soda-pop can or beer can will suffice !