Isle Of Mann

Discussion in 'Triumph General Discussion' started by Chris Wise, Dec 4, 2017.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Chris Wise

Chris Wise Active Member

Mar 9, 2017
    lincolnshire england
    Going to the TT next year (2018) Really looking forward to it .So all you regulars to the TT could you give me some advice on the best places to watch the TT from It just that I do not want to spend the week looking for the best spots ,would be a big advantage if I could have some idea where to watch the TT from.I do not want to go to a place on the circuit only to be stuck in a bad viewing spot because once you choose a spot you are stuck there until the race has finished .I know everyone will have a different spot and that is fine ,just do not want to end up in a crap place.Thanks:)

2. Ali G

Ali G Member

Feb 6, 2017
    Kirkcaldy
    I like K trees or the hairpin at Ramsay the best.

Ali

3. Tiglet

Tiglet Vintage Member

Mar 28, 2016
    Cheshire
    A difficult question to answer as where someone may like to watch from you may not.
    Problems with the mountain circuit is that the practice/racing can be delayed due to bad weather, there could be an incident and the race is red flagged or other incidents and if your in the wrong place your stuck there and that can be for hours especially if your on the inside of the circuit, sometimes in foul weather.
    Got the T shirt :(
    So I favour places where I can easily get away from if I wish and if there’s food/drinks available better still.
    Quarter Bridge,Braddan Bridge,Marown Church (don’t park in the church yard there’s a narrow lane behind the church with a small car park), Ballacraine, Creg-na-Baa or Hillberry are places I like to watch from and there’s plenty more.
    If your stopping in Ramsey you’ve got a few good spots the you can walk to.
    I’m sure you’ll enjoy the experience.

• Like Like x 1
  4. RobDaBiker

RobDaBiker Well-Known Member

Mar 7, 2017
    Dorset
    If your in Ramsey, then Parliament square has decent enough viewing and beer and chips to hand. The Creg Ny Baa as mentioned is good. Gorse Lea for sheer spectacle, same goes Conker trees. Get a radio to keep up with commentary. Stock up on food, wind and waterproof gear :)

5. Tiglet

Tiglet Vintage Member

Mar 28, 2016
    Cheshire
    See you at the Classic TT Brian, are you stopping for the Manx gp.

6. Tiglet

Tiglet Vintage Member

Mar 28, 2016
    Cheshire
    Ok. Staying at the usual digs The Railway Station Hotel, Port St Mary, hopefully it’ll still be open as it’s up for sale :(

It’s also convenient for when I’m marshalling at the Southern 100 race meets and the south of the island isn’t manic like Douglas especially when your trying to get an evening meal.

7. Jerry Winder

Jerry Winder Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2017
    Brecon Beacons
    We like Cronk y voddy, about 20 metres down from where the marshalls are. Bikes come within a couple of feet just about flat out, it'll reduce you to hysterics. Brilliant!

8. Purpleronnie

Purpleronnie New Member

Dec 3, 2016
    Up North
    My advice is get ordnance survey map number 95. You can move between lots of places on the inside and outside of the course between races. As you said everyone will have a different opinion. Mine is hillberry, shara's cottage and k trees. If you want a good viewing spot anyware though you've got to be up early. If the weathers good make the most of the mountain section.