Isle Of Man Southern 100 Road Races

Discussion in 'Forum News' started by Iceman, Mar 9, 2021.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Iceman

Iceman Crème de la Crème

Apr 19, 2020
    Lancashire
    It is with much regret that the Directors of Southern 100 Racing announce that the 2021 Isle of Man Steam Packet Company Southern 100 Road Races have been cancelled due to the ongoing Corona Virus pandemic and the uncertainty of the Isle of Man borders being fully open to general travel by July.

2. Dougie D

Dougie D Crème de la Crème

Jan 30, 2016
    Blairgowrie Perthshire
    Yep 2021 looks just as pi** as 2020:sob:

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Iceman

Iceman Crème de la Crème

Apr 19, 2020
    Lancashire
    Hi Dougie, I have just received the following release, another blow to road racing for 2021
    THE 2021 CLASSIC TT HAS BEEN CANCELLED
    We are disappointed to announce that this year’s Classic TT presented by Bennetts, due to take place between Sunday 22 August and Monday 30 August 2021, has been cancelled.

The Isle of Man Government has taken the decision to cancel the event due to the ongoing uncertainty caused by the COVID-19 pandemic – particularly the availability of marshals, medics, race officials and other volunteers needed to run the event safely and effectively.

Cancelling the event for a second year is a huge disappointment for fans, competitors, race officials and volunteers - as well as many in the Isle of Man community.

Paul Phillips, TT Business Development Manager, commented:

“Obviously this is yet another disappointing announcement for us to have to make, but as with the cancellation of the 2021 TT Races, it was important that an early decision was made to give clarity and certainty to the thousands of visitors and individuals that come together for the Classic TT."

“A two-year break from racing on the Island is not what anyone would have wanted, but our Motorsport Team have been hard at work to ensure that the TT and Classic TT return stronger than ever in 2022 and we look forward to sharing some of these developments in the coming weeks and months.”

4. Tiglet

Tiglet Vintage Member

Mar 28, 2016
    Cheshire
    Yep the Classic TT and Manx gp for 2021 are cancelled:(

I’ll be rebooking my 10 days away for this event which hopefully will be run in 2022:)

Already rebooked my other trip to the IOM for the S100 Pre TT Classic Races for 2022:)

• Agree Agree x 1