Is adjusting rear brake pedal position possible?

Discussion in 'Speed Triple' started by DANSOME, Jan 17, 2017.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. DANSOME

DANSOME Active Member

Nov 1, 2016
    E.U.
    Hi guys,

Quick question:
    Is adjusting rear brake pedal position possible on the 2016 S3R?
    Something like what's shown in the end of this video:

I never had an issue with the pedal height until now. After a couple of hours riding my foot gets numb due to the short angle between my shin and my foot.

2. 711jrp

711jrp Active Member

Apr 15, 2015
    south london
    Yes in the exact same way as the video.

• Like Like x 1
  3. DANSOME

DANSOME Active Member

Nov 1, 2016
    E.U.
    Haha, makes sense. I was fiddling with the bike earlier but it just didn't look exactly like the video. I will take a better look at it tomorrow. Thanks!

4. 711jrp

711jrp Active Member

Apr 15, 2015
    south london
    There is a threaded push rod between the master cylinder and the clevis that attaches to the brake pedal, you undo the 10mill locknut and then you can screw the push rod in or out of the clevis, raising or lowering the brake.

5. DANSOME

DANSOME Active Member

Nov 1, 2016
    E.U.
    Well, the attached picture shows what I'm looking at. The disposition is nothing like the one on the video, the locknut is 12mm and there is a small plastic cover that prevents me from getting the wrench in place.
    Any ideas?

20170118_131515.jpg

6. 711jrp

711jrp Active Member

Apr 15, 2015
    south london
    This is the not you have to loosen

nut.jpg

7. DANSOME

DANSOME Active Member

Nov 1, 2016
    E.U.
    I did loosen that nut, but I can't move the rod without getting to the nut on top. If I understand correctly, after loosening the lower nut, I need to turn the upper nut in order to shift the rod up or down, correct?

8. 711jrp

711jrp Active Member

Apr 15, 2015
    south london
    Alternatively you can push the pin out from the clevis (there's a clip on the back) and turn the clevis half a turn at a time, that might be easier.