Invoxia Tracker

Discussion in 'Clothing & Gadgets' started by Thripster, Jul 22, 2020.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Thripster

Thripster Elite Member

Feb 21, 2020
    Northampton, UK
  2. dilligaf

dilligaf Guest

Have a look at Monimoto :)
    I’ve got one and it works brilliantly :cool:
    Much longer battery life :)

• Like Like x 1
  3. Thripster

Thripster Elite Member

Feb 21, 2020
    Northampton, UK
    Thanks Dilli........yes, have been looking at those.....and they seem very good. However, the interest for me in the Invoxia is that it uses a much longer wavelength meaning that, in theory (I think), not only do you get an equivalent GPS function using the Sigfox network but also the potential better tracking should the bike be hidden in an underground car park for example (which is a limitation of the Monimoto)......so possibly killing two birds with one stone? I could keep the unit charged using my bike's under seat USB charging point. There is no SIM card and registration to the network costs £9.99 for three years. The unit I am thinking of getting costs £99.00 I'll have to investigate more.

• Like Like x 1
  4. bob1

bob1 Noble Member

Mar 12, 2018
    Somerset
    do you use the sim card that comes with it or can you use any sim card i am thinking of getting 2 one for each bike. the only thing putting me of slightly is the size of it finding somewhere to hide it.

5. dilligaf

dilligaf Guest

I used the SIM card that comes with it :)
    It was a right pain in the arse putting it on the rocket :mad:
    Hopefully it’ll be easier when I get the Tiger :)

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  6. bob1

bob1 Noble Member

Mar 12, 2018
    Somerset
    whats your opinion on having (this bike is fitted with a tracker sticker) i have actually got one stuck on one of my bikes but thinking about it might not be such a good ideal. would it put them of nicking it or would they nick it anyway and just rip it apart looking for lt.

7. Thripster

Thripster Elite Member

Feb 21, 2020
    Northampton, UK
    I suppose we could get them guessing by having a sticker which reads ' Hey, Cretin - this bike might have a tracker fitted. And if I find you, I'm going to hang, draw and quarter you'. Trouble is, most of the perpetrators that I have seen on MeTunnel don't look as though they can read.

• Funny Funny x 2