Interesting Development

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Helmut Visor, Mar 6, 2021.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Helmut Visor

Helmut Visor Only dead fish go with the flow
    Subscriber

Oct 3, 2018
    Three Counties
    Thoughts on this one :rolleyes: 157713333_3791102944308503_5405151617975359619_n.jpg

2. Cyborgbot

Cyborgbot Guest

It’s legit.

DVLA has it registered.

0317144B-E61B-4752-BFE6-4841844F4184.png

3. Cyborgbot

Cyborgbot Guest

Made buy a complany called VOLTSE Mobility Limited (12988770).

5EE9DB62-5CB8-4EBF-95B0-9E15DA7DA6AA.png

4. Cyborgbot

Cyborgbot Guest

#4 Cyborgbot, Mar 6, 2021
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 6, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Helmut Visor

Helmut Visor Only dead fish go with the flow
    Subscriber

Oct 3, 2018
    Three Counties
    If it's registered then it can legally be on the road, it will have to be insured so that's one positive.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Cyborgbot

Cyborgbot Guest

But there’s a ban on electric scooters being ridden on the public roads - so can’t see how they got this legally registered. you can get a £500 fine and six points for using them.

7. stinger

stinger Senior Member

Nov 28, 2017
    Yarnbrook
    Tell that to all the idiots i see every single day riding these on roads and cycle paths. There is one individual who clearly commutes a minimum of 4 miles on it on the main road as I have seen him numerous times. Then most days as well there are those who take it to another level and use them on footpaths which they would be illegal on, even if the scooter itself weren't illegal in the first place. Only last week I got met with a "Get out of the fucking way" by 2 of these morons on a footpath. I was sorely tempted to punch one of them as he came from behind and past me.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Flay

Flay Well-Known Member

Sep 2, 2016
    Gondwanaland
    It's a PTW. If it's taken on the highway by a trained, licensed, taxed, insured, crash helmet wearing rider, then no problem. Just slow and vulnerable. Still illegal to ride on footpaths of course.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. andypandy

andypandy Crème de la Crème

Jan 10, 2016
    Shaw
    To quote a phrase, I can forsee all kinds of unforseen circumstances.

• Like Like x 1
  10. stinger

stinger Senior Member

Nov 28, 2017
    Yarnbrook
    With or without number plates they are subject to the same traffic laws as the rest of us. They just don't give a feck and neither do the Police. Same as with cyclists on footpaths, the cyclists don't give one and neither do the Police who also cycle on pedestrian only footpaths.

11. stinger

stinger Senior Member

Nov 28, 2017
    Yarnbrook
    But that's my point, there will be no penalties even in the event of wrongdoing such as riding on pavements.
    The Police (here at any rate, I have seen 3 different Police officers also doing it on multiple times) are not interested already in cyclists using narrow footpaths that aren't cycle paths. I have also seen petrol powered 50cc and 125cc scooters ridden on these paths with no action because they do it for weeks. I have been threatened and failed attempts at intimidation over a period of months for challenging them for doing it. I also reported this to the Police they didn't even bother to contact me back even though i reported i had number plates. These paths are so narrow most of them are 3 feet wide at best. A cyclist cannot physically get by without riding on the grass or forcing the pedestrian to do so.
    They wont be interested in electric scooter riders doing it either.
    It will be for the exact same reason that smoking cannabis has exploded, there is no penalty. I have even seen in my local park, in the middle of the day a massive glass bong being smoked in full view of everyone with no attempt to hide it.
    I once asked a Police officer why they didn't bother to enforce any laws relating to this. His reply was "what's the point?". He further elaborated and said we issue 60 quid fixed penalty, they don't pay. It goes to court, they don't attend. The penalty gets enforced and then we have to find them arrest them and make them attend court. They then attend, say they cant pay and get let off. Even if they do pay all that costs far more than the 60 quid so we are told not to bother. If you see different dealers about, i.e. not the usual ones, let us know because that could indicate a turf war brewing and that could get nasty....
    The reason speeding tickets proliferated is because most people pay up straight away. Its automated and so is very cheap in comparison to send out the fines and administer the paperwork.