Insurance

Discussion in 'Triumph General Discussion' started by J S Chappell, Mar 6, 2020.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. J S Chappell

J S Chappell Well-Known Member

Jan 17, 2020
    Wandering
    I'm sure this subject has had many airings. However, when I insured my 2017 Street after many years away from biking ,I insured with MCE ( cheapest by far ) I have since realised that they are ok as long as you don't need to claim or change details etc etc. So with my new Street due in the next couple of weeks I am going to insure elsewhere and cancel my current policy ( £65 for the privelage ) .Any recommendations for decent reasonable insurance would be most welcome. I don't mind having a large excess , as I would only really claim for write off or theft , obviously I would claim for any no fault accident. I live in a very low risk insurance area. Many thank's for any advice.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Schuey

Schuey Senior Member

Mar 3, 2020
    Midlands
    Hello,

I would recommend shopping around for sure. I would simply try places like Compare the Market and Go-Compare to see who comes out the most competitive based on your circumstances. I've personally found Bennetts, Swinton and Hastings pretty good.

• Like Like x 1
  3. MARKYMARKTHREE

MARKYMARKTHREE Senior Member

Feb 11, 2020
    SOMERSET
    This is what I did and I went with Hastings £110 but I am an ole fart over 60. Triumph wanted £180.

4. Helmut Visor

Helmut Visor Only dead fish go with the flow
    Subscriber

Oct 3, 2018
    Three Counties
    Is it not better to just keep with MCE and change bike details until the end of your insurance year? Then you can shop around with another years NCB rather than start all over again. As for Leyburn being in a low risk area wtf, I have never seen and heard about so many biking incidents as around the Leyburn/Hawes area :joy::joy:

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. J S Chappell

Jan 17, 2020
    Wandering
    Hi all, Leyburn is at the Eastern end of Wensleydale, which is very popular with bikers at the weekend, Wensleydale and swaledale offer some of the finest motorcycle routes in the North.
    When I referred to low risk, I should have said low area premium loading, all insurances , car house bike etc are some of the lowest in the country.

• Like Like x 1
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
  6. Shaun64

Shaun64 Senior Member

Feb 23, 2020
    England
    Get a quote from Bemoto insurance,they only do bike insurance, they are the only company I’ve used were my renewal is always cheaper than the previous year, I get the titanium cover for an extra £35 you get kit protection and breakdown cover etc.

• Like Like x 1
  7. J S Chappell

Jan 17, 2020
    Wandering
    Thank you I'll give them a ring.

8. Vectis John

Vectis John Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2019
    Isle of Wight
    #8 Vectis John, Mar 6, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 6, 2020
    I returned to a bike after a break and used MCE. When I purchased my new Bonneville they charged me £40 for a change on the policy.
    When the policy expired I went with the Triumph UK service (Adrian Flux run it I think) and found it to be cheaper with a greater ability to customise the policy. For example breakdown cover, it comes with the bike when new but MCE include it, I wasn’t able to take it off the policy so was paying for something I didn’t need.

• Like Like x 1
  9. J S Chappell

Jan 17, 2020
    Wandering
    Thank you for replying.

10. feckless

feckless Noble Member

Apr 16, 2019
    Cumbria
    I have just got my insurance with Bemoto, I got the Titanium package 8 bikes (6 classics agreed value and 2 modern) £423 CN wanted £626
    guess where my money went ;);)

• Like Like x 1
  11. Tigcraft

Tigcraft Unheard of Member

Mar 29, 2014
    Holmfirth West Yorkshire
    Just be careful as I was on one of my bikes with Carole Nash and sold the bike mid season, phoned them up and I HAD TO PAY EXTRA TO LEAVE!! Never mind getting some money back!! I told them I’ll keep it insured then instead but the said it was illegal and because it was so heavily discounted and commission fees they paid on search sites that i had to pay the difference!!

Talk about a double ended sting with no ncb too!!

• Useful Useful x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  12. feckless

feckless Noble Member

Apr 16, 2019
    Cumbria
    The good thing about Bemoto is no admin costs at all mid-policy

• Like Like x 1