Insurance Guidance and Recommendation

Discussion in 'Triumph General Discussion' started by JimDiesel, Apr 5, 2013.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. JimDiesel

JimDiesel Member

Feb 27, 2013
    Nottingham
    Ok so my tax n insurance are both due this month!! :rolleyes:
    We have all read how they had my pants down this year, they ain't doing it again this year!!:upyeah:

Can anyone give guidance on what to say?
    What not to say?
    What's classed as a mod?
    What's not??
    And recommend any particular companies to help keep my pain to a minimum??
    Any discount Codes etc....?

We could all benefit from sharing the knowledge.....

2. jonny

jonny Active Member

Mar 26, 2013
    sunny cheshire
    i would say be honest with whats on the bike, it dosen't take them much to wiggle out of a claim if you ever needed to make one. Also, don't bother with motorcycle direct...

3. Screwball

Screwball Active Member

Mar 21, 2013
    Kent
    Motorcycle direct were ok for me for a few years. I use a compare the market or confused .com search engine to look for quotes...
    Any modification will hike up your insurance ...a lot.... I would just play ignorant and say its a normal bike... You can see what the difference is but when I did a quote for a modified bike I only got 4 replies... Normally I had circa 30+......

Your call and your money.... If its modified then I would say MCE will be our best bet....

Good luck you'll need it.....

4. Richard H

Richard H Noble Member

Oct 26, 2012
    Swadlincote Derbyshire England
    Telling the insurance company your bike is modified upfront at the quote stage will rule you out of a cheap quote. Best to get a quote for a standard bike then ring the company direct and tell them you are considering say a low boy exhaust or twin arrows and perhaps some carbon and see what they say.

If you tell them you do not wish to add the additional value of the added parts onto the policy and if a claim was made it would be the standard bike you got paid out on, could help; I know thats how a mate got additional panniers added to his policy when originaly the insurance company would not cover his bike after he told them the panniers were fitted.

5. Conquest Racing Ltd

Conquest Racing Ltd Contact us for your Triumph Forum discount
    Trader

Feb 2, 2013
    Dorset
    I would agree with screwball, I've always gone on every comparison website as somehow the ins companies know the quotes you've been given or there abouts. Regards mods, as Richard has said unless you want a full payout is the difference worth paying? Every bike I've owned I've never paid more than £400 even at 28 when I bought my F4. I had quotes of £10k+ but I spent a good few hours on every comparison site, calling them and discussing the quote and eventually got it for £330 fully comp!!!!

A trick I learnt which only really helps with youngsters is having an adult as another driver to the policy (not named driver) as insurance companies somehow think byhaving an adult on the policy you will help give the newer driver/rider advise etc

• Like Like x 1