Insurance companies; do they make it up as they go along ?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by billyandmollysdad, Jul 14, 2014.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Been looking into getting my ZRX1100 insured...I have my Bonnie insured with Bennets, they wanted 78 quid fully comp, with no no claims, which i thought was very reasonable :upyeah:
    I thought i would try Carol Nash for a comparison, and couldn't believe the difference, 220 TPFT !! Where the hell do they come up with that figure ?
    Also looked into putting Jane onto my policy, so she can use the Triumph. I was expecting a silly figure for this too, as she hasn't ridden for a few years, but good old Bennets came up trumps again, 108 quid for us both, fully comp :upyeah:
    Now, do i insure the zrx ? or, insure the Bonnie for Jane ? can't afford both just yet.

2. Mattson

Mattson Active Member

Aug 30, 2013
    Just out of curiosity, for what time? 78 a year? or a month?

My `02 Daytona has IIRC full comp too, costs me 717,71 EUR per year.

3. £78 a year ! one of the benefits of being more 'mature' :biggrin:
    Its all sorted now, so now i have 2 bikes to ride :upyeah:

4. Mattson

Mattson Active Member

Aug 30, 2013
    You could probly get a 50cc scooter insured for that here, liability only... no matter how mature you are... Here the machine itself pretty much dictates the cost, taking into accout the rider, home town and power/weight ratio. But the cc:s x how often the model has been in a crash makes the main cost. my cbr costs me less than half of the daytona.

And that is taking into account me being a trucking entrepreneur and having one lorry, two cars and two bikes insured so I`m no boy racer (at least don`t confess anything :D )