Indicators

Discussion in 'Thunderbird' started by Nixy, Mar 29, 2015.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Nixy

Nixy New Member

Feb 6, 2015
    Merseyside
    It's amazing what you find out. I was on another Triumph forum the other day and saw a post about self cancelling indicators on the Thunderbird. On further investigation low & behold its there in black & white in my owners manual telling me my bike has them. I'm off to my garage now to make sure. I've owned the bike just under 18 months and never knew.

• Like Like x 2
  2. folkbloke

folkbloke Well-Known Member

Jul 20, 2013
    Sussex
    In many ways it's a tribute to your riding skills. If you always switch them off why would you realise they were self cancelling?

• Like Like x 1
  3. crispey

crispey crispey creme de la creme

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    when I had a thunderbird as a loaner I kept thinking I hadn't put the indicators on,as, when I had turned and went to cancel them they weren't flashing!! took me a bit of time to realise.

4. Nixy

Nixy New Member

Feb 6, 2015
    Merseyside
    I have always had bikes that don't self cancel & I will probably continue to ride the same as I always have. It was just one of those "well I didn't know that" moments

• Like Like x 1
  5. JACKO

JACKO Member

Sep 25, 2013
    I found it really handy when I had my storm shame its not standard on other bikes in the range.

Nixy did you have hassle getting your custom paint insured? My insurance company made me take a new policy on the 8 ball paint that was on mine.

IMG_20141105_152818.jpg

6. Nixy

Nixy New Member

Feb 6, 2015
    Merseyside
    I had my two bikes insured with Carole nash. After my paint job when it was renewal time they messed me about so much about he paint I ended up telling them to stick it and I got fixed up with Adrian flux. Sorted it out all in one phone call & cheaper too