Indicators On Solidly

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Mark73, Sep 12, 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Mark73

Mark73 New Member

Sep 12, 2019
    Wirral
    Hi all,
    New to the forum, new to bikes and new to Street Triples.

I had to store my Street Triple at a relatives house due to there being a lot of "interest" in it being stored on my front path and a new house move on the cards. It was stored in a garage with a trickle charger connected to it. I went to collect it several weeks later and someone had unwittingly disconnected the charger and the battery was completely flat. I tried to jump start the bike as it was the only means I had at the time. It started, but when I disconnected the jump leads it cut out. I took the battery home and gave it a reconditioning charge, took it back and started the bike. The problem is that as soon as I reconnect the battery, the indicators stay on solidly and won't turn off unless the battery is disconnected. I can't ride it to my new home, (complete with garage) I'm guessing it could be a fuse or might have something to do with the datatool that's fitted? I'm a bit stuck at the moment as I'm not very technically minded, so any advice would be greatly appreciated. Sorry if it's a real newbie question or if it's been covered before.

Thanks a lot

2. freck

freck Elite Member

May 4, 2017
    Preston, Lancs, UK
    Welcome Mark. :grinning:
    What year of Striple is it mate?

3. D'Ecosse

D'Ecosse Senior Member

Jun 23, 2019
    CA, USA
    Almost certainly the datatool
    You can validate that by disconnecting the alarm connector plug - the bike won't run like that because of the immobilizer interlocks, but you can prove that is the source of the issue.
    You can try to remedy as per Dozers Dad suggestion - if that doesn't work will need to remove and install jumper plug (can re-purpose the alarm connector and wiring - more on that if required)

Conversely, you can also validate it's originating from the datatool by unplugging the turn signal relay (that is the ONLY 3-pin relay on the bike) - if lights remain on it is 100% coming from the datatool

• Like Like x 1
  4. Mark73

Mark73 New Member

Sep 12, 2019
    Wirral
    Its a 2010

5. Mark73

Mark73 New Member

Sep 12, 2019
    Wirral
    Wow, very grateful for the quick replies. I can't get back to the bike for a few days due to work commitments, but I'll have a tinker when I get chance and post the outcome.

Thanks a lot guys.
    Very appreciated.

• Like Like x 1