Indicator stalk

Discussion in 'Speed Triple' started by PeteH, Aug 17, 2015.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. PeteH

PeteH Active Member

Oct 1, 2013
    Chester
    Out on Saturday and one of the lads spotted my rear indicator was hanging a bit low, a closer look revealed the plastic/rubber was parting company and eventually gave up completely to leave the indicator hanging by the wire.
    Contacted my dealer today and they hadn't heard of any issues with Speedy's then asked if I had banged it in anyway or parked close to anything else and had it damaged, they couldn't say if it was covered by warranty and can't fut the bike in till the 4th Sept to look at it.
    Anyone e!se had issues with indicators ?

2. steve lovatt

steve lovatt Something else

May 12, 2014
    North Yorkshire
    Not personally but hope you get it sorted under warranty.

3. PeteH

PeteH Active Member

Oct 1, 2013
    Chester
    Took the bull by the horns today and rode to the dealer to get a plan of action or inaction, they inspected the bike and are putting in a claim under warranty will find out Thursday if its a goer.
    Also checked with the dv!a for recalls and listed were 800 Tigers, Street Triples and Speed Triples between certain vin numbers that had indicator arms made of the wrong material, mine didn't fall in with numbers but that doesn't mean its not a defective part.

4. PeteH

PeteH Active Member

Oct 1, 2013
    Chester
    They have requested photos of the said failed part :( even tho it was inspected.....starting to get slightly peeved......

5. crispey

crispey crispey creme de la creme

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    Hope it gets sorted

6. DaveTheSuperVillain

DaveTheSuperVillain Active Member

Jun 19, 2015
    Takeley, Essex
    Fingers crossed for you.

At least with a request for photos you can presumably send everything by email meaning you'll have a copy of all of the correspondence should it be required in future.

7. PeteH

PeteH Active Member

Oct 1, 2013
    Chester
    Dealer sorted it today.....NOT TRIUMPH.....just replaced the rubber/plastic piece.
    Now then..one of the lads in Cumbria's got a 14 plate Speedy and he's had all his indicators replaced, so it looks like there is an issue.