Featured Indian Ftr 1200 Vs. Speed Triple Rs -- Triumph Wins!

Discussion in 'Other Bikes' started by Sandi T, Nov 8, 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Sandi T

Sandi T It's ride o'clock somewhere!
    Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    #1 Sandi T, Nov 8, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2019
    IMG_6323.jpeg

Indian Motorcycles of Tucson had a demo day today so I rode over to check out the scene. I've been intrigued by the 2020 FTR 1200 flat track race replica bike so figured I'd take it for a spin. Though it's a cool bike, my 2019 Speed Triple RS wins hands down! The egros are quite similar between the two bikes and of the bikes in my garage, it most closely resembles my Speedy. But when the day (or test ride) was done, I far prefer my Speed Triple. I particularly like my Triumph's engine character much, much more than that of the 60º V-Twin of the Indian. The area on either side of the seat where my inner thighs are near the bike was much warmer (nearing hot) than seemed right to me. And, though Tucson is often very hot, today wasn't one of those days.

Oh well, now I know and I don't need to continue to "wonder" or drool over that bike. My Speed Triple is certainly safe from a trade in towards the Indian FTR 1200! And it was just plain fun to test ride, which I love doing. I also rode the 2020 Scout Bobber which I liked ok other than the foot controls being way too far forward for my taste. I wanted to ride the newest bike in Indian's lineup, the Challenger. I call it the Indian "Road Glide". I have a H-D Road Glide so was interested in comparing the two. But that bike was signed up for every test ride session until the end of the day by the time I arrived at the dealership at 10:00am! Here are some photos from the day.
    IMG_6326.jpeg

IMG_6320.jpeg

IMG_6329.jpeg

IMG_6320.jpeg

IMG_6332.jpeg

IMG_6338.jpeg

FTR1.png FTR 2.png

• Like Like x 17
  2. Mnbrennan

Mnbrennan Member

Oct 21, 2019
    Aylesbury
    I really love the look of that bike!

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Sandi T

Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    So do I Mnbrennan. But I didn't like how it was to ride it nearly as much as I like how it is to look at it unfortunately. Well, maybe fortunately, depending on one's perspective! My garage is full at the moment so if I'd have loved it I'd be looking at replacing something I already own. Sigh. So many bikes--so little space (well, and $$ too). ;)

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Bad Billy

Bad Billy Baddest Member

Jun 1, 2017
    Southern Softyville
    Well it looks like you had fun trying out a couple of bikes and you managed to come away without buying one! :party:

I avoid test rides now as I am the proverbial salesman's dream, if I like the bike, all ideas of playing it cool trying to extract the best deal go out the window :rolleyes: I normally just ask if they will take my Granny in PX, then where to sign followed by how soon can I have it? :p

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  5. Sandi T

Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    Yep, I was actually glad that I didn't like the FTR1200, Billy! I think we're cut from the same salesman's dream cloth. I'm sure they can just feel my eagerness and are ready to come in for the kill. :joy: On more than one occasion I didn't really have it in mind to get a new bike--but did. Those darned test rides are my weakness. Still...I continue to do them "just for fun". :grinning:;)

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Bad Billy

Bad Billy Baddest Member

Jun 1, 2017
    Southern Softyville
    Ooooh! 3 legged camel you say :eyes:, you know I love a triple! :heart_eyes: do you do PCP deals at anything below a million % interest :dizzy:... where do I sign? :scream:

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. mark scarrott

mark scarrott Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2015
    burntwood
    I suppose you need to be open minded but I must say it doesn't float my boat o_O

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Sandi T

Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    Which doesn't float your boat, mark, the camel or the Indian FTR1200? ;)

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Bad Billy

Bad Billy Baddest Member

Jun 1, 2017
    Southern Softyville
    Obviously he meant the Indian :rolleyes: I mean who wouldn't have their boat floated by a 3 legged Camel? o_O

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. mark scarrott

Mar 23, 2015
    burntwood
    think a camel looks more aesthetic than the Indian FART1200 oops!

:cool:

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. mark scarrott

Mar 23, 2015
    burntwood
    think a camel looks more aesthetic than the Indian FART1200 oops!

:cool:

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Bad Billy

Bad Billy Baddest Member

Jun 1, 2017
    Southern Softyville
    Especially with some lippy on! :joy::joy::joy:
    camel.jpg

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  13. mark scarrott

Mar 23, 2015
    burntwood
    I knew I was right :p

• Like Like x 2
  14. joe mc donald

Subscriber

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    Sandi T
    You started something here. Mind you that was a nice camel. I think the Indian looks quite cool. A friend of mine has just bought one and it sounds lovely. And it wasn't the bike getting hot it was you being hot. But keep the Triumph. It wouldn't be the same here if you sopped speaking to us and writing your best sellers.
    Regards
    Joe.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  15. Sandi T

Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    You are right, Joe. That was a nice camel and the Indian does look cool. :cool: But I'm definitely keeping my Speed Triple and can't quite imagine ever not having a Triumph in my garage. :heart_eyes: Don't worry, I have no intention of not speaking to or sharing stories and photos with you and the rest of my Forum friends. :kissing: At least as long as you'll all continue to have me, female Yank that I am! ;)

• Like Like x 3