In London For The ......

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by lexy, Sep 15, 2017.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. lexy

lexy Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2017
    Midlothian
    ...Pink Floyd 'Mortal Remains' exhibition at the V&A museum, with my grandson. Worth a visit for 'Floyd' fans,well organised displays of art work,instruments and equipment used for sound and light effects,videos etc., and more

DSC_0026.JPG

DSC_0200.JPG

• Like Like x 8
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  2. Sir Trev

Sir Trev Senior Member

May 27, 2017
    Buckinghamshire
    This is really spooky. Lady Poppy and I went there today too - we were in the 15:15 group.

We enjoyed it as well.

3. lexy

lexy Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2017
    Midlothian
    16.15 slot we had,cheap flight out of Edinburgh,mid -day arrival stanstead and a wee tourist jaunt in London. Did a bit of tube hopping,flew out 930pm,home by 1130pm, then read about today's events......

4. Sir Trev

Sir Trev Senior Member

May 27, 2017
    Buckinghamshire
    Cool. Sounds like a long but fun day for you guys. Saw the drama unfolding on brekky telly and we decided to go anyway - I'd already bought the tickets after all :laughing:. Still lots of folks about and the pubs nearby were packed as ever on a Friday night so not many people paid any attention to it. We headed to Picadilly afterwards for a drink and a meal as it's easy to get the Bakerloo back to Marylebone and home. We got back at about the time you took off again so our day was not as long but we were certainly cream crackered.

5. Dougie D

Dougie D Crème de la Crème

Jan 30, 2016
    Blairgowrie Perthshire
    That would have been interesting,i imagine there would have been some of Gerald scarfes drawings? i thought his work on "The Wall" were great

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. lexy

lexy Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2017
    Midlothian
    Yes Dougie,
    each album done by the group was put forward warts and all, as separate exhibits if you like, on a walk thro' visual / audio system........well thought out.Lots of art work,my phone camera done it no justice at all!

DSC_0181.JPG

DSC_0186.JPG

DSC_0188.JPG

7. Sir Trev

Sir Trev Senior Member

May 27, 2017
    Buckinghamshire
    • Like Like x 2
  8. Rooster

Rooster Grumpy Member
    Subscriber

Sep 14, 2015
    Droitwich, Worcestershire
    I went in June, really enjoyed it as I'm a life long Floyd fan.

IMG_0164.JPG