I'm not quite sure how to do this................................

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by thebiglad, Jun 8, 2016.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
?
  1. No more than £10

17.6%
  2. No more than £15

35.3%
  3. No more than £20

47.1%
  1. thebiglad

thebiglad Old fart, still riding !

Sep 25, 2013
    Central France
    #1 thebiglad, Jun 8, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 12, 2016
    Forum get-together logo v2.png This message relates to our Grand Meet-Up in August and I'm just wanting gauge opinions about having a souvenir T-shirt.

If you don't mind I would like to keep to design secret (now declared as above) for now as a member is generously offering us his expertise and we're working on how this could be used to create good memories of this do.

So my question is, how many peeps would be interested if we could pull together a reasonably priced, dedicated T-shirt ?

• Like Like x 1
  2. crispey

crispey crispey creme de la creme

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    Dave is the price dependant on the quality ie get one for under a tenner and it falls apart after 1st wash, or will it last a life time. as in a few years time I'll need something like this to remind me what I've done on the past!

3. thebiglad

Sep 25, 2013
    Central France
    The answer truly mate is I don't know about the durability. I'm really trying to gauge take-up, so that I can go to a supplier and get the very best possible T, for a contained cost. I'm not at all interested in making money here, I just thought peeps might like a souvenir???

So the first question really is, how much are people prepared to risk on a T, when they don't have the possibility of evaluating it's quality. I envisage ordering these (if peeps want 'em!) off the net. Taken on trust you might say?

4. Samuel F

Samuel F Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2015
    Glasgow
    There's some good makers and bad ones. I have worked with a few of them. The problem is that price depends very much on quantity, but tomorrow, i'll try to find some decent makers and post prices here. Some good cotton with good print don't come cheap, kike, there's no way you could make that happen for a fiver, but I belive you can get some real quality for a decent price. Meaning less than 30£. We'll see. Don't take anything on blind trust, but there should be many makers with reviews. Users who shared their experience. There must be.

5. Dougie D

Dougie D Crème de la Crème

Jan 30, 2016
    Blairgowrie Perthshire
    Hi Dave, just a thought, i deal with a firm in Glasgow http://www.ckl.uk.com/ they supply t-shirts amongst other things prices of the t- shirts are very reasonable, i sell the "Fruit of the loom" super premium as a basic t-shirt for less than a fiver in my shop, cost price is £1.95 plus vat, it comes in about 12 colours from small up to 3xl (about 50/52 chest) some of the other makes they supply might come in bigger sizes

http://www.fruitoftheloom.eu/imprint/en/products/mens/t-shirts/61-044-0

"Gildan" GD05 is another brand which they say are also popular with printers, the cost is much the same
    If Sam wants to go in and have a look at some samples thier address is 53 wallace st Glasgow G5 8DJ

• Like Like x 2
  6. thebiglad

Sep 25, 2013
    Central France
    That's excellent info Dougie, thanks very much.

Hi Sam, any chance you could check out this supplier, mate, PAL, mon pote ?

• Like Like x 1
  7. Samuel F

Mar 24, 2015
    Glasgow
    I know very well fruit of the loom tees. They're just plain bad quality. It's cheap tee raw material. And the cut is ugly. ( I worked in Parisian fashion, so yeah that does affect my judgement )

I have spotted a good company in Paris, really promising stuff with actual real choice. People making actual tees for various prices, not just marketing stuff. More details soon.

the fact that ckl.uk.com does not publish they prices online does not reassure me...

8. Samuel F

Mar 24, 2015
    Glasgow
    Let me be honest, I have not ordered fruits of the loom in a while, but I have to admit, I might be wrong about them. :oops: I looks better than it used to be, and they do 205g/m2 which is quite alright. Still I have serious doubt about the cut.

(I'm an average slightly muscled (builded ? strong ? how do you say that in bloody english ! :D) man, and I remember the cut being really weird and very short at the neck, like "Ok, clearly I am not going to wear this on a daily basis". :cool:

9. steve lovatt

steve lovatt Something else

May 12, 2014
    North Yorkshire
    You can say "slightly built" Sam - just like the biglad! :rolleyes::rolleyes:

10. Dougie D

Jan 30, 2016
    Blairgowrie Perthshire
    Hi Sam fruit of the loom do various qualitys and cuts in thier t-shirts costing from as little as (trade price) 75p! i have sold a lot of thier premium quality t-shirts over the years, and i can honestly say ive not had any problems with them.the reason CKL don't publish the prices is because they only sell to the trade..thats why i would have to let them know if you were going to visit them

11. TEZ 217

TEZ 217 Crème de la Crème

Mar 6, 2016
    south shields
    Most of the fruit of the loom t shirts I've had have been ok and washed well, its normally the iron on type decals that let them down

12. Dougie D

Jan 30, 2016
    Blairgowrie Perthshire
    yes they are pretty good Tez,they are used a lot for screen printing, theres a lot of other manufactures making t- shirts,Screen stars,Haynes,Top Sports ect and they are all much the same quality and price,but it might be an idea to go a step up in quality as it's for the grand meet up and you want something that will look good for years,ive found combed cotton or prima cotton good.i'm sure Sam will come up trumps!

13. Rooster

Rooster Grumpy Member
    Subscriber

Sep 14, 2015
    Droitwich, Worcestershire
    I don't mind the quality. All my T Shirts end up as rags for cleaning the bike

• Like Like x 1
  14. Havit

Havit Admin
    Staff Member Subscriber

Jul 17, 2015
    Kent
    So in other words you want a Dress :D:D:D:D

• Like Like x 6
  15. thebiglad

Sep 25, 2013
    Central France
    That was bloody funny Wayne - I laughed my socks off !!!!!

• Like Like x 1
  16. Tigcraft

Tigcraft Unheard of Member

Mar 29, 2014
    Holmfirth West Yorkshire
    How about lets really take the piss, by having an entrance drink on the door as we arrive and then let's all have some forum name tags made and swap them all around in a bag and just wear anyone's so nobody will guess who's who (except the big lad)!!

• Like Like x 1
  17. thebiglad

Sep 25, 2013
    Central France
    Hi Dougie, if we were to place an order with your supplier, have you any idea how we could get the bespoke artwork screen-printed onto the T's?

I have absolutely no experience in this area at all and I do feel a bit at a loss. We have a quality-approved supplier of t's thanks to Dougie and we have artwork provided by a professional artist who has graciously produced something excellent to go on them - how do we bring it all together ?

18. thebiglad

Sep 25, 2013
    Central France
    That is f***ing brilliant !!!!!! Properly laugh out loud daft !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

19. Tigcraft

Tigcraft Unheard of Member

Mar 29, 2014
    Holmfirth West Yorkshire
    Stick littleades label on you then??

20. thebiglad

Sep 25, 2013
    Central France
    #20 thebiglad, Jun 9, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 9, 2016
    If you like mate !!! You might like to have a quiet word with Samuel F.