I'm Back !!!

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by MrOrange, Feb 20, 2018.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. MrOrange

MrOrange Guest

Sorry been MIA recently, but been otherwise distracted by buying and fetching my new toy:cool:

[​IMG]

We all know DD has asbo as his silly car, so I have got myself a Ford Focus ST (at least mine has the right number of wheels). 2.5 litre of turbocharged Volvo 5 cyl lump, good for 222 bhp. Not as quick as the Tuono, but it still bloody shifts for a 4 wheeler. Even got one of the dump valves, so it goes 'pshtttt' when you change up (over 3 k and slow gearchange to let the rev's drop are best :p).

Enjoyed a bit of hot (well warm) hatchback fun in my daughters MG since last summer, and she kinda talked me into getting something with some 'CRED with the YOOF's'......... Not sure what this means, but she's also told me it's SICK, which I believe to be a good thing:neutral:

I am currently trawling through Ebay for some short trousers, not as in the loud checked type Ade wears to the golf club, but the type that are too short at the top and hang down to show of my Y-Fronts !!!!:confused:
    And also a baseball cap that only goes on backwards, searched all over but as yet unsuccessfully, have normal caps, but they've all got the peak to the front :rolleyes:

Her's another picture, just cos I love it :cool:

[​IMG]

This is the side of Loch Eck, if any one knows the road, its agood one, especially the bottom end near Dunoon. Great for a bit of a 2 or 4 wheel blast ! :imp:

• Like Like x 5
    • Funny Funny x 2
  2. Havit

Havit Admin
    Staff Member Subscriber

Jul 17, 2015
    Kent
    Very nice Ron. Best of luck with her.
    It was nice knowing your Licence :p

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. MrOrange

MrOrange Guest

I have a Tuono !!!! Way more chance of a ban using that !!!!!

Yes M'lord - he was observed doing 85 in a 60 zone and only using the back wheel at the time of the offence :p:cool:

• Funny Funny x 2
  4. stevethegoolie

stevethegoolie Elite Member

Oct 16, 2014
    East Riding of Yorkshire
    Wearing a baseball cap reduces brain power by 10%.
    Wearing a baseball cap back to front reduces brain power by 90%.
    This is what I have been told.

Just saying like, innit!

• Funny Funny x 4
  5. TEZ 217

TEZ 217 Crème de la Crème

Mar 6, 2016
    south shields
    What's happened to Ron, he's been replaced surely !!! Another Bike not a Triumph but a much faster younger mans machine, Now a different motor much sportier again much younger street cred machine,
    Has someone had a word in your ear Sir ? other than the daughter I mean,
    When you shaving that beard off ? it makes you look old and does not go with your new garage toys :cool::cool:

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. dilligaf

dilligaf Guest

Mid life crisis :rolleyes:

• Agree Agree x 5
  7. TEZ 217

TEZ 217 Crème de la Crème

Mar 6, 2016
    south shields
    #6 TEZ 217, Feb 20, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2018
    ron3.jpg

• Funny Funny x 4
  8. Tiglet

Tiglet Vintage Member

Mar 28, 2016
    Cheshire
    I think the way Uncle Ron has been spending money of late he must have donned his brave heart attire, headed south over the border and done a bit of rustling :imp::)

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Havit

Havit Admin
    Staff Member Subscriber

Jul 17, 2015
    Kent
    7f526b2f97c63250f02e5b714d9693eb7f6e2025c8c2f9e2427a02fc00234cf7.jpg

• Funny Funny x 2
  10. DCS222

DCS222 Guest

I hope the sun visors are fitted to the rear windscreen too!

A520FCD7-0047-42B2-8E50-CEE436077805.jpeg

• Funny Funny x 3
  11. John T

John T Senior Member

Jun 4, 2015
    Newcastle upon Tyne
    Looking forward to seeing this new Triumph model at tonight’s Dealer launch event. Fancy MCN not catching on about this new four wheel Explorer......

12. MrOrange

MrOrange Guest

upload_2018-2-21_12-9-48.png

DO you have to have grown up to have a mid-life crisis ??? Am still 23, always will be.

My first 'proper' mid-life, was doing my bike test when I was 40, this is just a continuation of that !!! My plan is to grow old disgracefully, and so far it's working for me.

Life's too fuckin short to worry about it.

Wanted a fast car, too tight to pay £400+ a month on PCP for it to sit on my drive, plus I would be bored with it after a month or so, and worry about stone chips, car park dents etc. Better to buy an older motor and get to play / fettle it to my liking. It'll be a keeper, all my cars are. This is only my 3rd since 2002 !!!!

Had a great hour last night fixing the rear interior light. It has a sunroof (who the feck specs' a sunroof on an air con car!!!!), so usual ingress of water had corroded the contacts. Cleaned up, acf50 applied and refitted and working. . Also replaced some crudding looking fittings with stainless I happened to have in the garage. Can't do that on a new car and love the sense of satisfaction, even from wee jobs like these.

• Like Like x 3
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
  13. MrOrange

MrOrange Guest

Forgot that road test, and yes, every word is true. Was going to get an Orange one, but the white one was a steal and only 53k miles on it, so went for that instead.

Trying to find unmolested one, is a like trying to find a 10 year gixxer that doesn't have purple anodised bolt kit and rainbow screen !!!!

• Like Like x 1
  14. MrOrange

MrOrange Guest

I have got some silicon grease, used it to grease the bearings in my mountain bike's multi-link suspension (advice from Marin). I have applied that around the inside of the seal, where it buts up against the edge of the sunroof. Doesn't seem to be leaking at the moment, just evidence that it has in the past. Will keep an eye on it.

Silicone grease is great stuff to have in the toolbox, buy it from diver supply shops, used on regulators IIRC, maybe any divers can confirm? Had a small tube for 10+ years and used it loads of times for various sealing / lubricating duties.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. MrOrange

MrOrange Guest

I am also lead to believe that silicone will 'revive' rubber seals. I guess the silicone in the grease will help to bring some 'spring' back to a dry hardened seal. I was told to restore rubber, so spray with silicone and seal in a plastic bag for a week and it will straighten out and revive it. Supposed to be good for carb diaphragm thingies.

• Useful Useful x 1
  16. John T

John T Senior Member

Jun 4, 2015
    Newcastle upon Tyne
    Or this

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Geniune-...hash=item41bf94a0c2:m:m_k2JNsSppRFPEj327UkWew

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. dilligaf

dilligaf Guest

It’s on my favourites list :eek:
    I like to keep busy :rolleyes:

• Funny Funny x 2
  18. stollydriver

stollydriver Elite Member

Apr 25, 2015
    north wales
    Nice car - my wife would love that. She likes the ST and loves white.

• Thanks Thanks x 1