Ignition / lock compatibility

Discussion in 'Wanted' started by Sprinter, Jul 18, 2015.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Sprinter

Sprinter Kinigit

Aug 17, 2014
    uk
    Hi, Mork calling Oracle, come in, Oracle.
    finally looking to buy a new lock set for 2000 RS, after visiting many sites and lock shops and smiths I can-not get a replacement key for the one I have ( nearly goosed). It seems that some previous owner bought a, US, Canada, import, possibly Daytona eBay no doubt cos I cant get a blank from Triumph that fits and I dont want to guess again so I will replace all .
    So my question is How close to the year, make, model, do I have to be?
    Does 2003 plug in for example? The seat lock and petrol cap look standard across the board, (no?).
    Answers please on a post card to Thames television Tedington Lock London se 9 10 jp always wanted to say that but showing me age me thinks

2. thebiglad

thebiglad Old fart, still riding !

Sep 25, 2013
    Central France
  3. Sprinter

Sprinter Kinigit

Aug 17, 2014
    uk
    #3 Sprinter, Jul 18, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 18, 2015
    hey Biglad, yeah 320, on Triumph site .
    Had a ride last night through Turriff to Cuminestown, New Byth ,and home on the Fraserburgh road, short run to test brakes finally got then as good as I think I will get them I had a bubble in front master.
    Used to get a good night out in the Grassocks and at the St Katherines hotel Cuminestown mcc put on a good do.

4. thebiglad

Sep 25, 2013
    Central France
    That brings back a lot of great memories. Is Greens bar still running? I remember one Friday night playing pool until 2am, then going outside to see beautiful clear skies,and then returning inside for "light refreshments" until about 8am !!!!

Grassocks was a fav haunt as we lived just up the road at Roadside of Teuchar. The first night we moved in, we went to the bar at about 8pm - no-one else arrived 'til passed 10pm and we were still there at 3am !

5. thebiglad

Sep 25, 2013
    Central France
  6. Sprinter

Sprinter Kinigit

Aug 17, 2014
    uk
    Bad news. Greens burned down 15 years ago still a ruin... did you ever get to The Tolbooth in Banff a great going bar around the same time . Grassocks is a private home now too, Great days
    There is a lock set on ebay but 2003 different engine I think everthing else is the same might have to risk it

7. Havit

Havit Admin
    Staff Member Subscriber

Jul 17, 2015
    Kent
    Have you tried the U.S. E bay, you can get blank keys sent over. Just put in .blank key triumph. And see what comes up

8. Sprinter

Sprinter Kinigit

Aug 17, 2014
    uk
    ta ...good thinking

9. Sprinter

Sprinter Kinigit

Aug 17, 2014
    uk
    bought set off ebay today