Ignition Face Off

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Tratch, Jun 4, 2022.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Tratch

Tratch Active Member

Jul 11, 2013
    Hi all.

Been slowly getting a ‘63 TR6 back to perfect health but am on the home stretch and can’t get it to start - have fuel, new (dry) plugs, new battery and good compression but no spark. The only thing I haven’t replaced with new parts on the bike are the ignition and coils. It currently has a Boyer MKIII and some crusty looking Lucas coils. My question is, what is the BEST ignition / coil system to replace it all with? I want ‘one kick’ reliability.

It seems to come down to Boyer Digital or Pazon?

Thoughts on these and which coils welcome. Desperate to ride this b******d this summer!

• Like Like x 1
  2. Iron

Iron Elite Member

Dec 29, 2021
    Bob Ross Studios
    I've been using the VAPE Wassell electronic ignition units (Mk I for 12V systems) with 2 new 6V Lucas coils in series. They are from Czech Rep and really well made. They have an encapsulated stator plate which is neat and solid and a machined rotor with two allen bolts for whichever thread you have in your cam.
    Set up in almost exactly the same way as other electronic ignitions - set engine timing to required BTDC and align markings on stator plate and rotor. Done. All explained in instructions.

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1