Ignition Barrel And Other Parts *stolen St1050* Welp

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Mrgamer, Jul 1, 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Mrgamer

Mrgamer Well-Known Member

Nov 12, 2018
    London
    Hello, my 08 st 1050 got stolen last week after having it rebuilt bit by bit in the winter and spring, they smashed the ignition and turned it on with a screwdriver. The same way I managed to turn it on after the police pound.
    The chain was cut like butter but at least they left the padlock intact.
    They rode past me whilst I was having a vape outside in my workplace in Holborn.

The good people of Stolen Motorcycle Recovery London Found it about 3 miles away parked under a cover in Camden.

Other than cosmetic stuff but mirrors/indicators smashed beyond repair. Any alternatives to these?
    The ignition switch what option do I have? Because new they are too expensive.

Capture.PNG

2. dilligaf

dilligaf Guest

Thieving bastards :mad:
    Hopefully you’ll get sorted mate :)
    EBay?:confused:

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Timmy Tucker

Timmy Tucker Elite Member

Apr 20, 2019
    Newmarket
    Sorry to hear about your bike mate
    I hope they get caught one day by someone who chops their hands off
    That's the only way these scum will learn.
    :p Tucker

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. Sprinter

Sprinter Kinigit

Aug 17, 2014
    uk
    Very sorry to here that.

5. Foxy1

Foxy1 Crème de la Crème

Aug 31, 2018
    Sheffield
    Wankers, I feel your pain, mate.

6. freck

freck Elite Member

May 4, 2017
    Preston, Lancs, UK
    Sorry to hear about your bike mate, but at least you’ve got her back :grinning:

7. mpllineman

mpllineman First Class Member

Feb 12, 2018
    Pearl,Ms.
    I'm sorry to hear about your problem my friend. I would definitely have a look around on EBAY. It is amazing to see what there is available. I just received a pair of replacement coils for my Scrambler. As far as price goes, The official Triumph coil was 5 time more expensive as this replacement. Later today I will make the big swap and hopefully be back on the roads around here. Good luck with your search!

• Like Like x 2
  8. Bad Billy

Bad Billy Baddest Member

Jun 1, 2017
    Southern Softyville
    :mad: Thieving scum! :mad:
    Hopefully you will get the bits from e-bay, plenty of Sprints sold, so should be a few in breakers, good luck mate.

• Like Like x 1
  9. D'Ecosse

D'Ecosse Senior Member

Jun 23, 2019
    CA, USA
    #9 D'Ecosse, Jul 2, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 2, 2019
    Just about any of the Triumph Triples (Sprint, Speed Triple, Daytona, from 97 - 10 at least all used the same key-switch - however in 2008 they changed the connector type, otherwise is still same.
    So you can look for used switch on Ebay and even if the connector is the older type, you can either splice to your original or I can point you to a new connector.
    A lot of Ebay switches tend to be complete sets, which is good if you only want to have one key - but makes it a lot more expensive, even for used.

I supply plug n play secure Key-less Ignition systems for Triumphs - however if you don't like OEM Key-switch replacement price you won't like price of that :joy:

The nice thing about the Keyless system is they scratch their head thinking "where the %&#$ do I jam me screw-driver?"

Consider a good disc lock regardless - MUCH harder to remove than a chain - I have an Xena one which also has a motion sensor in it - that sucker is SERIOUSLY Loud too! A van won't stop any security system for the serious guys who are going to muscle into that rather than ride off - but the disc lock will prevent the opportunist who wants to joy-ride - the object is to have them move on to an easier target.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2