Speedmaster Idler Gear Boss Reinforcement ?

Discussion in 'America, Speedmaster & Rocket' started by alex74, Sep 20, 2017.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. alex74

alex74 Member

Aug 2, 2015
    Marden, Kent
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. Scoot65

Scoot65 Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2015
    DURHAM
    The cynic in me says, could it be a ploy to open the product up to a wider market by including later models with the factory standard reinforced web by playing on people's fears??? :worried::worried:

BTW I looked at this product a while ago and my 2005 Speedmaster did not require it according to serial numbers.

3. v8dve

v8dve Member

Feb 13, 2016
    Southampton
    BTW I looked at this product a while ago and my 2005 Speedster did not require it according to serial numbers.[/QUOTE]

Yep, same with mine, checked out the serial numbers and they were ok...

• Like Like x 1
  4. alex74

alex74 Member

Aug 2, 2015
    Marden, Kent
    Yep, same with mine, checked out the serial numbers and they were ok...[/QUOTE]
    Any reference to the checking website ? thanks !

5. Scoot65

Scoot65 Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2015
    DURHAM
    Any reference to the checking website ? thanks ![/QUOTE]

The original advert wording gave the bike VIN/frame/engine serial numbers which had the weaker boss. So it was just a case of looking at my V5 and comparing it to the numbers quoted on the TTP site.

If they are now selling the reinforced boss item for all bike years, I'm guessing they've removed the original wording????

6. alex74

alex74 Member

Aug 2, 2015
    Marden, Kent
    Sorry but what is it to do with BHP ? Isn't that something that may happen at a "start time" only? :confused:

7. alex74

alex74 Member

Aug 2, 2015
    Marden, Kent
    Ok. I thought about chip tuning etc... makes sense I guess